New Paul Leary album out on Shimmy Disc

Started by jules, January 05, 2021, 03:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linoleum blownapart

thrower of the bong water balloons

amazonAMAZON

JFKC

Man, I am so glad he is making this music and even these videos, because I'll never need to take acid again. Stoked. Thanks for finding this... i'm gonna curl up in a fetal position,grab my teddy bear and try to go to sleep...

linoleum blownapart

I think it was a rover who said it is like a children's record for adults.
thrower of the bong water balloons

JFKC

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on January 31, 2021, 07:41:14 AM
I think it was a rover who said it is like a children's record for adults.
that's right up my alley, doomed to eternal immaturity... I cannot wait to get weird with this one... this new song that Jules just posted is crazy, it trips me out, kind of scares me, man I am excited...

WGB

Born Stupid reminds me of somewhere between Bob Fryfogle and Sanford Clark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ9dvmhevhk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gAYiUmir_w

What are you gonna do? is the nightmarish polar opposite.

glen

The History of Dogs is a beautifully warped album.     I've been waiting for it's follow up for 30 years.  I hope it hasn't been too long.   so far so good.

album ordered.. btw.  I did not get first pressing.    sonofabitch.

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

moose

Quote from: glen on February 03, 2021, 11:28:22 AM
The History of Dogs is a beautifully warped album.     I've been waiting for it's follow up for 30 years.  I hope it hasn't been too long.   so far so good.

album ordered.. btw.  I did not get first pressing.    sonofabitch.
Me neither. I hesitated too long.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

amazonAMAZON

jules

Born Stupid test pressings available at Joyful Noise VIP.

amazonAMAZON

It's a good interview. Figured many might be interested in this bit:

What's next on the docket for you?

Quote"I'm already starting to work on another solo album. I've also got another band called the Cocky Bitches. We put out an album a couple years ago, on a tiny label called Slope, out of Arizona. I was proud of it, so we're making another. I'm hoping to have something by the end of the year."