Hepa-Titus (Kevin Rutmanis) Discography on Bandcamp

Started by Bigval, January 16, 2021, 11:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigval

I mentioned this in the music section but the full discography of Hepa-Titus is currently 90% off on Bandcamp.

https://hepa-titus.bandcamp.com/album/blue-fat-pussy

el gep

Dumpster D

))))((((

As someone who only vaguely keeps up with what Kevin and his band are doing, i find the Hepa-Titus discography confusing to work out. Looking on the Bandcamp page im surprised to see quite a few releases under their belt now, but am i right in thinking there 6 proper album releases from them?

2013   Follow Me
2014   Gettin' It On
2015   Touched By God
2016   FM Warm Weather
2018   Champagne Of Incest
2019   Blue Fat Pussy

All the rest are singles and one-off project things i think.

moose

Omega Pig is kind of a split album but i think it counts.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

amazonAMAZON

Thanks, on Bandcamp it says 2000 for 'Champagne Of Incest' so I was quite confused. That must be a typo.

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

amazonAMAZON

WTF was that? Still better than a new Foo Fighters record.

Hoping for more Blue Whale eventually.

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on March 07, 2022, 04:29:17 AM
WTF was that?
I thought that a bit too. I always say Kevin is my favourite Melvins bassist and i wish he would be back in the band. But then sometimes i hear some Hepa-Titus tracks and think "hmm better left alone". Some Hepa is amazing though!

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 07, 2022, 05:34:51 AM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on March 07, 2022, 04:29:17 AM
WTF was that?
I thought that a bit too. I always say Kevin is my favourite Melvins bassist and i wish he would be back in the band. But then sometimes i hear some Hepa-Titus tracks and think "hmm but left alone". Some Hepa is amazing though!
loved this one. that's my jam!  :D
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Bigval

Rutmanis kicked all kinds of ass. I can understand why he's no longer in the band accept that but the Melvins lost a whole lot of 'danger' and 'unpredictability' when he left and haven't been the same since. Aside from HAT being their best album when I saw them live in 2003 with Rutmanis he was dressed in a black bathrobe/trench coat clearly no shirt underneath or seemingly pants with two odd socks and no shoes. Plus his playing on that first Tomahawk album especially live was so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvCX4zjp6Lc

amazonAMAZON

https://lordsandladykevin.bandcamp.com/

I bet many of us saw the vid of a tune "featuring" King Buzzo bizarrely titled "House Ghyzmal Sphynxe" a few months back. I still am not even sure what I am hearing and how these vocals are related to Buzz. But I dig the tune.

SO then lo and behold on the bandcamp page it looks like there's a half dozen EPs of this stuff (without Buzz). Just reading the song titles and looking at the cover art made me giggle giddily.

Anyone delved deeply into these recordings? Any recommendations? Who actually owns these edition-of-30-ish 10" vinyl releases?

And will this Ghyzmal tune or any other Buzz collab be released?

amazonAMAZON

Ok now I hear the Buzzness in the vocals towards the beginning and end of "House Ghyzmal Sphynxe." Tune really grew on me. Sounds like a retard's nightmare. In a good way.