Melvins Ready First-Ever Acoustic Album ‘Five Legged Dog’

Started by rimb, July 21, 2021, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Quote from: buddy holiday on October 15, 2021, 01:06:26 PM
. i am currently on vacaction in sardegna and our house is situated directly at the sea under pines...

wow, awesome
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

buddy holiday

Quote from: black stallion on October 15, 2021, 01:53:05 PM
. i am currently on vacaction in sardegna and our house is situated directly at the sea under pines...

wow, awesome
To be clear: our RENTED house... it is great being by the sea, very windy though :) and it is funny seeing the locals packedup in jeans and jackets while we are in shorts and tshirts :)
Sardegna is awesome though! First time out of switzerland for more than a weekend since corona!

black stallion

Quote from: buddy holiday on October 15, 2021, 02:18:45 PM

wow, awesome
To be clear: our RENTED house... it is great being by the sea, very windy though :) and it is funny seeing the locals packedup in jeans and jackets while we are in shorts and tshirts :)
Sardegna is awesome though! First time out of switzerland for more than a weekend since corona!

have fun!

jules

Quote from: buddy holiday on October 15, 2021, 02:18:45 PM
wow, awesome
To be clear: our RENTED house...
The British call them grace-and-favour mansions   :-"

Beaj vat und Gut Reise!

Topaz

Quote from: black stallion on October 06, 2021, 01:53:13 AM
there's something really weird in this recording. the snare drum seems really too high in the mix  :?

I agree. I wish the drums were more subtle like on Nirvana's "Unplugged," but oh well. Still loving it.

I'm just part way through the album, but my favorite so far is "Outside Chance"!

Oscar

Still on my first listen and loving it.

I purposely tuned out the tracklist in the run-up and boy did they make these song choices work. The harmonies are beautifully deranged  :shock:

The drums are indeed mixed quite loud, might take some getting used to? Not sure yet, back to listening.

Chief Ten Beers

Got the CDs last weekend and have listened through a few times. The vocals really stand out & are what makes it different, and not just standard "unplugged" versions. Most of the versions are really great. There are a few where I was like, they could have left that one off. :|
It's been an acoustic themed past few days of listening. It just so happened that same weekend at a used shop I found the following on CD for a buck a piece :):
Rolling Stones - Stripped (from '95, surprisingly good)
Nirvana, and AIC - Unplugged (know and have heard/seen the songs, never owned the albums)
Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson - VH1 Storytellers (saw bits of it, never heard the whole album)

black stallion

album is great, my vote is 9/10. would have been 10/10 with a better production (Buzz guitar is lost in the mix) . still an amazing release

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on October 22, 2021, 02:30:31 AM
album is great, my vote is 9/10. would have been 10/10 with a better production (Buzz guitar is lost in the mix) . still an amazing release
I think because it is such a huge record, im finding it difficult to rate how i truly feel about it. The duration is both something good and something bad for me too. Good because we get MORE! But bad because it's something of a fatiguing listen in one sitting. I think that factors into my overall rating.

Also a few of the tracks i don't hate but would ideally prefer not to have had included. Those being the covers 'Outside Chance' and 'Everybody's Talking'. It's definitely no less than a 8/10 for me. I think it hovers somewhere around the 9/10 mark. Which is pretty damn good.

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Mints

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on October 21, 2021, 05:43:24 PM
Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson - VH1 Storytellers (saw bits of it, never heard the whole album)

That version of Folsom Prison Blues is so good. Willie's solo rules. What an amazing guitarist that guy is. He sort of reminds me of Monk with the way he punctuates the space around the melody.

))))((((

acid policy

dead mike

Only the back half of "Suicide in Progress."

The FUCK, man.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

))))((((