Melvins Ready First-Ever Acoustic Album ‘Five Legged Dog’

Started by rimb, July 21, 2021, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PepsiMike

Quote from: jules on July 22, 2021, 10:57:18 AM
Hope Ipecac have done their homework on this. That's a lot of tracks to get in the right order.
:lol:
I wouldn't get my hopes up

jules

))))((((

Can we remove Outside Chance, Bad Move, Fly Paper and Everybody's Talking and then add AMAZON, The Fool The Meddling Idiot, The Bunk Up and City Dump???

glen

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 22, 2021, 12:06:39 PM
Can we remove Outside Chance, Bad Move, Fly Paper and Everybody's Talking and then add AMAZON, The Fool The Meddling Idiot, The Bunk Up and City Dump???

I'm not sure if negotiations are on the table but if so let's throw in "Heater Moves and Eyes" just for the heck of it.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

black stallion

Quote from: dirtmerchant on July 22, 2021, 10:46:18 AM
Quote from: Bigval on July 22, 2021, 01:13:21 AM
Quote from: black stallion on July 22, 2021, 01:03:31 AM
Night Goat sounds pretty good. is Dale playing the cocktail kit?

No sounds like a full drum kit to my ears, oddly enough.

To me acoustic guitar & bass doesn't sit well with drums I would've preferred this done solo by Buzz like his first solo album which was great, I didn't like his second solo album with all the added stuff.

Sounds like the same drum sounds from a walk with love and death.  At the very least the same snare.

agree
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Pound4abrown

John Schuller

Ordered. That version of Night Goat has me totally sold. This record is going to rule.

Topaz

Whoa! What a great surprise!

What made me even happier was seeing that the 2 CD set is only $16. That's for 36 songs!

Hail Melvins!

Topaz

As soon as I heard the acoustic Night Goat, I thought, "This album will be my new go-to record for smoking a blunt to."

:wink:

John Schuller

Quote from: Topaz on July 22, 2021, 04:11:23 PM
As soon as I heard the acoustic Night Goat, I thought, "This album will be my new go-to record for smoking a blunt to."

:wink:

Damn straight!

))))((((

Quote from: sadcorps on July 22, 2021, 02:52:48 PM
This record is going to rule.
Knowing the material redone here it's pretty much undeniable.

I keep wondering about what Buzz said in the interview about this being a "special record". Being that it's essentially all redo's of older songs i wonder if he means it is special in terms of when they made it and the circumstances. I know it might be a lazy association to make, but i wonder if this is loosely pandemic influenced. I mean the record opens with a song that mentions vaccination and ends with Don't Forget To Breathe. Even the inclusion of Everybody's Talking seems to refer to the weirdness we have all found ourselves in this past year or so. Maybe, maybe not but interesting all the same.

Nizamark

cool pandemic project, but they're gonna plug in again, right?  right!!???? 

wish i could say acoustic melvins excited me, but not really

))))((((

Quote from: Nizamark on July 22, 2021, 08:47:37 PM
I'd say the odds are pretty good.

moose

Quote from: Nizamark on July 22, 2021, 08:47:37 PM

wish i could say acoustic melvins excited me, but not really
I mean Working With God is pretty recent and electric af.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.