Dumb Numbers and Melvins in 2022

Started by jules, October 20, 2021, 12:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

Joyful Noise have intimated that there might be a Dumb Numbers & Melvins release in 2022. LP + Lathe Cut 7".

GrimReaper

It's time to join the Joyful Noise VIP.

))))((((

Sounds interesting. It's not a band i know a great deal about but it seems more than credible (and indeed probably probable!) since Dale and Toshi have both been involved in that project previously to some extent. I do remember listening ages ago to their first record and not really warming to it much. I'll have to go and have another listen to them both now.

amazonAMAZON

Early on I conflated Deaf Nephews with Dumb Numbers.

As far as I understand, Dumb Numbers has always been Adam Harding & friends. It's cool especially since he has awesome friends. I don't have the same affinity I would for, say, the Butthole Surfers, so I'm not expecting Hold It In level collaboration. But still could be pretty cool whatever it is. I think it could match well with the Five Legged Dog version of the band.

amazonAMAZON

QuoteEarly  Bird 2022 has arrived... 
  A year of VIP Membership + 8 Ltd. Edition LPs + 8 Advance Lathe-Cut Singles + Free Catalog LP of your choice + Bonus Swag 

Presently, in 2022, vinyl records are a commodity that require an ungodly amount of time to manufacture. Currently, it takes more time to make a vinyl record than it takes to create a human being. Rather than delay our artists' releases for untold months, or cancel our longstanding tradition of physical subscriptions, we at Joyful Noise had another idea...We realized that while we have zero control over the global vinyl manufacturing fiasco, we DO have control over our in-house 1940's record lathe machine.

As a way to deal with this vinyl crisis while continuing to keep our stream of physical releases flowing, we will be releasing limited lathe-cut singles throughout 2022 as "companion pieces" to our full-length titles.

Every VIP Vinyl edition in 2022 will be accompanied by a 7" handmade lathe-cut counterpart. Each 7" will include an advance single on Side A, an exclusive rarity on Side B, and a secret link to stream the album early. Singles will ship upon album announcement (usually 3-4 months before album "street date"), serving as a placeholder while we all wait for the proper 12" records to materialize.

We want to keep our label community thriving for both our artists and our supporters. Though we typically price these lathe-cuts at $15 or $20, there will be no additional fee for this VIP lathe-cut component in 2022.

If you sign up for Early Bird, you will automatically receive every VIP Vinyl edition throughout the year, along with each advance lathe-cut single, and additional exclusive perks (details below). Each release is strictly limited to 500 hand-numbered copies and with 12"s being pressed on specialty colored vinyl.

Artists you may expect to hear from in 2022 include El Ten Eleven, Dumb Numbers & Melvins, Deerhoof, Sound of Ceres, Oneida, Sleep Party People, and more...

https://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/products/early-bird-22?utm_source=themelvinsdotnetbbshasalotofgoodpeoplewhobuyrecords

https://youtu.be/WvNgCQBU5z4

))))((((

God, by most bands levels we are totally spoilt with all these releases! I've been listening to both the Dumb Numbers albums this evening and moderately enjoying them. They are better than i remembered but it makes me wonder if this album will be a total 50/50 effort or lean slightly (or significantly) more one way or another. Obviously as a Melvins fan im hoping it's more Buzz and Dale led than Adam from DN. I find it funny that Hold It In was a released as a Melvins release and yet Crystal Fairy wasn't. To me all these are MELVINS albums however one might cut it. So it is a bit intriguing that (at this current point) this new collaboration is mentioned with both bands names together than as existing under one banner or another.

hadamadgrin

Hi! This is Adam. To be clear, this will be an EP not a full-length LP. Technically the vinyl will start its life as a 12" but will be die-cut to compliment Mackie's artwork and will end up around 10" in size.

I'd say its a pretty equal collab between both bands, with Dale at the center of the Venn diagram. The basic songs were written by myself and Steve Patrick from Dumb Numbers, but objectively I'd say it sounds more like Melvins. Dale plays drums on everything. Buzz handles all vocals and some guitar (I lost my singing voice for almost 12 months while recovering from Covid). We both wrote lyrics.

Toshi also plays some guitar and Ol' Swivel Hips plays some bass. David Yow contributes vocals on the last song. David is also doing a remix (along with additional vocals) for the title track which will be released as a lathe-cut.

amazonAMAZON

Hell yeah, super pumped then! Thanks for coming on here to break it down.

jules

the bloat

I thought Harvel was a cool song. Looking forward to more of that!

moose

Thanks for the scoop, Adam! Looking forward to this.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

FartLips

oh now that adam pops up, yall are like OOOOOOOOOOO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

yall crack me up!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

))))((((

Bigval

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery