Melvins covering Into The Void on tribute album....

Started by rimb, November 21, 2021, 04:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

An interesting line-up there. Steven AND Trevor on "concert bass"!! This could be the start of something.

amazonAMAZON

Sweet! Another bucket list cover.

They better put up a high def version for streaming at least. Otherwise this is just as cruel as Wu Tang and Martin S.

>>>JZS<<<

WTF.... Do I gotta buy the dumb shoes ?!
How am I supposed to get one of these MFs ?
  https://youtu.be/8m0QcEv2xwU

vince furnier

DC shoes? phew! at least they ain't fuckin with nIKE again  :buzz:

Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Mount Ambulance

I'm sure Melvins version kills. Another double pronged bass approach sounds sweet. Looking forward to hearing this for sure. Surfbort's take on "After Forever" gots my interest piqued too. But ... really, what I wanna hear ... King Khan's take on "Solitude"!
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

vince furnier

Lou Barlow on Orchid!

Ken Andrews of Failure has a series on how they produced their album Fantastic Planet. they used electric cello to enhace the bass guitar tone. i'd imagine adding Trevor on upright bass to a Melvins 3 piece with an electric bass could definitely go in that direction. or not!  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

amazonAMAZON

Did this ever come out? Guessing vinyl is delayed. No announcement that I've seen of the three winners, but I don't read all the DC emails.

QuoteCONTEST IS NOW CLOSED

amazonAMAZON

That perspective is so weird! I thought it was some Piso Mojado type off center label/hole for a minute.

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

baruk

So...who's gonna upload the Into the Void cover?

amazonAMAZON

Looks like it's out there on the warewaves now.

amazonAMAZON

Harshmellow sounds great! I hope Sarah or whoever has the sense to put out the Harshmellow album posthumously and this gets included.

Melvins have this slick break with just Trevor's concert bass. Probably my favorite part. But this is one of those ace covers where you can tell they know and love and inhabit the song. Sort of like "Halo of Flies"

rimb