Melvins Lord of the Flies

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, December 10, 2021, 10:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Quote from: Dumpster D on January 24, 2022, 05:26:24 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on January 24, 2022, 05:12:02 PM
Quote from: surfling on January 24, 2022, 03:38:58 AM
I've been wondering about this for a while.
Maybe it's because Buzz thinks nobody cares about records anymore anyway he does not want to spend the time and money?

Or maybe 30+yrs of playing extremely loud music night after night for 2 months at a time has taken it's toll? It happens to seasoned road dogs after decades of touring like Townshend, Page, etc.. Towards the end of Zappa's life he was approving album remasters that were a sonic mess. I'm surprised no interviewer has ever asked Buzz or Dale in general how their hearing is.

I *did* ask Dale how is his hearing in an interview once here actually.  :o

:shock:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Nizamark

Quote from: dirtmerchant on January 23, 2022, 09:42:50 PM
that Toshi comfort zone.

i think there's something to be said for that.  having your rehearsal/studio spaces dialed in must be great... but yeah it might make things a little too comfortable sometimes. 

anyway i love the spoonman cover.  great to hear the heaviness again after that acoustic scare

))))((((

Quote from: Nizamark on January 24, 2022, 06:25:21 PM
after that acoustic scare
There was nothing scary about that. I never thought for a second that it signaled the end of Melvins plugging in and being electric.

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on January 25, 2022, 08:21:58 AM
Quote from: Nizamark on January 24, 2022, 06:25:21 PM
after that acoustic scare
There was nothing scary about that. I never thought for a second that it signaled the end of Melvins plugging in and being electric.
:lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on January 23, 2022, 10:21:53 AM
Rather unexpectedly, here's an official Spoonman music video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ38X-kmi1Y

i just realized this is the first Melvins video being promoted by The Melvins on their yt channel. not Haze, Not Ipecac. it's kinda weird they haven't been building this up before now.  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/user/melvinsdotcom/videos
Welcome to my Nightmare!

black stallion

I think the Soundgarden cover is great

FartLips

lol the worst soundgarden song made even worse. :lol:
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

amazonAMAZON

Spoon Man is a highlight of their best album. When I think of Matt Cameron I hear this song and maybe the opening tracks of Superunknown (My Wave? Kickstand? I forget which ones).

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: FartLips on January 29, 2022, 02:48:30 PM

It's OK, but I wish they would have done a deeper cut from that album or Badmotorfinger. They don't even bother to get the lyrics right. :lol:

WGB

I think you'll find thats Black hole sun*

*all Soundgarden songs

the bloat

It's a curious song to cover, for sure. I can't take it too seriously though. Matt and the gang prob go way back, so maybe this is just a chance for them to blow off some steam and have fun. I think some of you are looking at this through the eyes and ears of a Soundgarden fan or hater. Buzz doesn't give a shit about deep cuts. After all, this is a band that covered Smells Like Teen Spirit...

vince furnier

Quote from: the bloat on January 30, 2022, 12:09:55 AM
It's a curious song to cover, for sure. I can't take it too seriously though. Matt and the gang prob go way back, so maybe this is just a chance for them to blow off some steam and have fun. I think some of you are looking at this through the eyes and ears of a Soundgarden fan or hater. Buzz doesn't give a shit about deep cuts. After all, this is a band that also covered Smells Like Teen Spirit...
and they covered those top 40 hits from David Bowie ...... Station To Station and Breaking Glass.  :? :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Oscar

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on January 24, 2022, 05:12:02 PM
Towards the end of Zappa's life he was approving album remasters that were a sonic mess.

Agreed, but do you mean the early Mothers remasters specifically?

edit: I always thought 4th of July would make for a great Melvins cover since it already sounds like a Melvins tune to begin with, but Spoonman works too

black stallion

you preferred the Beach Boys cover  :lol:

Stonergrunge

No, "Live to Rise" is by far the worst Soundgarden song ever... Maybe "Halfway There" too.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.