Author Topic: Adam Jones  (Read 4414 times)

Offline brian

• Administrator
  • H.F.S.P.R.!!
    • View Profile
    • themelvins.net
Adam Jones
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2004, 08:39:34 AM »
Quote from: FART LIPS
hey even bar x sounds a little toolish during the break, and thats before they met.

no it's not

Offline feelmytool

• Fears SNIVLEM
    • View Profile
Adam Jones
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2004, 12:28:57 PM »
track 3 on never breaths outro is dale or buzz adam only plays on 4,6,7,8 and isn't it  cry baby and not the bootlicker
if life is a dream in the imagination of ourselves, and there is no such thing as death, then what does waking up mean?

Offline the bloat

• knows moss
    • View Profile
my Bad
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2004, 03:37:50 PM »
track 3 on never breaths outro is dale or buzz adam only plays on 4,6,7,8 and isn't it cry baby and not the bootlicker

Oh yeah, my bad. I meant that 'the Crybaby' has Adam on it, not the Bootlicker and track three on POTRE sounds like Adam Jones with that sort of Eastern sounding sitar vibe thing going.

Thanks for settin' me straight and I am suprised that no one else on the forum called me on it first.

Offline feelmytool

• Fears SNIVLEM
    • View Profile
Adam Jones
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2004, 05:53:59 PM »
well you seem to have a very good sence as to where adam plays can you tell us where else you think he plays on POTRE and it's kool i thought i was wrong for a minute but then i remembered divorced
if life is a dream in the imagination of ourselves, and there is no such thing as death, then what does waking up mean?

Offline the bloat

• knows moss
    • View Profile
Adam
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2004, 09:08:46 PM »
well you seem to have a very good sence as to where adam plays can you tell us where else you think he plays on POTRE

Ummmm....I think he busts out a solo/feedback thing on either Pink Bat or ZZZZBest. You see, he has this distinct feedback sound that he does where he lets the note ring to the point where it starts to feedback and then slides to the next octave (or note) and it's a very unique sound. You can hear it on 'The Anti Vermin Seed' on HAT and 'Divorced' and a lot of Tool songs as well. You always know it's Adam though because Buzz's lead parts are usually not as melodic....

Offline the bloat

• knows moss
    • View Profile
Adam Jones
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2004, 09:11:39 PM »
well you seem to have a very good sence as to where adam plays can you tell us where else you think he plays on POTRE

Oh yeah, I forgotten to mention that you have a good sence of spelling...

beee

Adam Jones
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2004, 10:11:08 AM »
also if you play guitar long enough you can tell the difference between buzzos les paul and adamas les paul :P
Adam has some weird les paul with that weird toolish sound, or sth. I've read somewhere that his les paul is from the serie that was discontinued because of bad paint that affects sound too much or sth... check tool page to get full info. :)

Silverburst

Adam Jones
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2004, 05:32:09 PM »
Quote from: beee
also if you play guitar long enough you can tell the difference between buzzos les paul and adamas les paul :P
Adam has some weird les paul with that weird toolish sound, or sth. I've read somewhere that his les paul is from the serie that was discontinued because of bad paint that affects sound too much or sth... check tool page to get full info. :)

Its called a "Silverburst".  I have a 79 model just like one of the many Adam plays....they really don't sound any different than a normal Les Paul.  Tone is in the player and his hands.

But they are cool guitars none the less  :lol:

Offline anaconda

• snake in the grass
  • Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • Brad Black Design Group
Adam Jones
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 06:54:42 PM »
"We are here to rock your pants..."

is that an SCTV reference? I recognize it somehow.

Silverburst

Adam Jones
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2004, 09:45:05 PM »
Actually, Joe Preston says it somewhere between songs on that 'Your choice live series' Disc.  Its in Germany and he says something like "Germany...(long pause)....We are here to rock your pants"  He says it in some funny fake accent.  

On another note...you just reminded me how much I love SCTV.   God...great white north...that stuff was heeeelarious.

Offline anaconda

• snake in the grass
  • Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • Brad Black Design Group
Adam Jones
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2004, 09:53:51 PM »
Actually that's Buzz saying it on Your Choice live, he also cracks the
Hogans Heroes joke. Thanks for jogging my memory though.
It couldnt have been Joe since Lorax did that show.

Silverburst

Adam Jones
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2004, 10:02:18 PM »
Doh.....I forgot...that was like 91 right?

Yeah, I like the "You guys like Hogans Heros?" one too.  

The live version of 'Anaconda' on that disc is better than the album version, I think..I added it to our rotation at the radio station.

beee

Adam Jones
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2004, 10:19:36 AM »
Quote from: Silverburst

Its called a "Silverburst".  I have a 79 model just like one of the many Adam plays....they really don't sound any different than a normal Les Paul.  Tone is in the player and his hands.

But they are cool guitars none the less  :lol:

well i didnt have that guitar in hands but that's what tool faq says: :)
Adam has 2 rare 1979 Les Paul Customs with Green and Silver metallic bursts. They were discontinued by Gibson because of complaints that the metallic paints was giving the guitar an odd tone.

bruce

Adam Jones
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2004, 03:36:43 PM »
i have addressed this topic a long time ago.  good to see i'm not the only one connecting the dots.

Offline FartLips

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Lollars
    • View Profile
Adam Jones
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2004, 07:23:46 PM »
... that the melvins are tool in disguise.  buzz is really adam with maynard curled around his head.
mount ambulance  "... tho it's hard to compete when my eyes keep getting distracted by Grim's juicy ass!"