Adam Jones

Started by the bloat, December 10, 2004, 10:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the bloat

I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but did you guys realize that Adam Jones is an official member of the Melvins? I was sitting here listening to 'Lateralus' and enjoying a Miller High Life and it hit me like a brick in the head, Adam has played on the last like, four albums (the Bootlicker, COD, HAT, POTRE) and maybe the Biafra thing, I don't know, but his presence is sounding more and more audible. The third track on POTRE is totally Adam Jones.
This is great because all those kids who listen to Tool and A Perfect Cirle are eventually going to connect the dots and find their way back to the Melvins, which is fucking awesome. They will be blown away when they hear the missing link between Black Flag and Tool.
I think the addition of Adam Jones on guitar has been crucial to the Melvins development / resurgence of late. Every band that has been around for 20+ years needs a little kick in the butt - a fresh take on things.
Adam is a talented musician and when Tool folds pretty soon - which I think they will, he will become even a larger force in the Melvins.

Thoughts? Discussion? Is this post too long winded? I'm drunk and have nothing better to do than to write on this forum.
Thanks

anaconda

I said the same thing ages ago, Pigs reminds me of Tool,
Gonzo almost tore my goddam head off, but we get along now
its true though, even Bloated Pope is like a Tool song except no one
can bring the noise intro like Buzz

anaconda

just for old time's sake! God bless the Search feature!

Conda on POTRE:
http://www.themelvins.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=1724&highlight=i+figured

FartLips

hey even bar x sounds a little toolish during the break, and thats before they met.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

cellphone

As long as Maynard Jimmy Keenan Ivory Wayans stays the fuck away I'm all for Jonesy-boy sticking his hand in the cookie jar.

beee

the 3rd track from end from  never breath is total adam :) i wonder why hasnt anyone noticed it yet :P

btw adam is cool :)

Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

Quote from: the bloatThey will be blown away when they hear the missing link between Black Flag and Tool.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I never thought about it that way. I just played Loose Nut last night (right after some Melvins as a matter of fact) for the first time inn ages & still never made tht connection. Buzz was quoted somewhere RE: the record with Jello would be "very Black Flagish"...
Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please

FartLips

Quote from: Brooklyns Finest PoonTang
Quote from: the bloatThey will be blown away when they hear the missing link between Black Flag and Tool.

I never thought about it that way. I just played Loose Nut last night (right after some Melvins as a matter of fact) for the first time inn ages & still never made tht connection. Buzz was quoted somewhere RE: the record with Jello would be "very Black Flagish"...
funny i was looking at your avatar and was playing with myself and came across a loose nut too! ahhhhh, thanks brooklyn! :D
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Dr. Gonzo

FUCK YOu ANNE!~!!!!!!!!!!!

I"ll kill you... come west a bit and step up to get your ass served.
A piece if i've ever met one!

anaconda

hahhaah its funny looking at those old posts, love ya gonz :o

FartLips

Quote from: Dr. GonzoFUCK YOu ANNE!~!!!!!!!!!!!

I"ll kill you... come west a bit and step up to get your ass served.
A piece if i've ever met one!
i think condi is as far west as he can go. :?

the bloat

Quote from: Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

Yeah, check out the last three songs on Black Flag's 'My War'. The Melvins basically used those songs as the template for a lot of their sludgier, slowed down tracks. Coincidence? That record came out in 84,  around the time when the Melvins were starting up.

DubEMC

Quote from: the bloat

Yeah, check out the last three songs on Black Flag's 'My War'. The Melvins basically used those songs as the template for a lot of their sludgier, slowed down tracks. Coincidence? That record came out in 84,  around the time when the Melvins were starting up.

Yeah but the Melvins started out playing kinda faster...I'd say Generic Flipper as more of an influence when the Melvins started slowing down.

anaconda

have you seen this yet gonzo? its been there 5 years
http://www.maynardjameskeenan.com/

Dr. Gonzo

why would I want to see that cunts website?????
Burn him in hell!