melvins rip off bands

Started by THE DON, June 12, 2005, 11:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE DON

know any? theres bound to be one.
dudumumu

thegrumpylil'hermit

pretty much all these stoner doom/sludge rock bands.....too many to name.

norecess

I disagree. There is a difference between ripping off a band or be influenced by a band.

Leroy

It's better than the waves of Creed, matchbox 20, linkin park, Korn, etc...ripoff bands that exist.  but not all of them that sound similar to the melvins are ripping them off.  For instance, Jucifer sounds like the Melvins, but have more of a straight-forward, sometimes pop influence they blend in as well, which is good.  And Joshe Homme has always been influenced by the Melvins, but QOTSA only sounds a little similar to the Melvins.  A lot of people accuse  Electric Wizard of copying the Melvins, but you can hear somewhat of a Bluesy influence that's blended with their music.  

yes the Melvins heavily influenced 2 different movements in music.  Grunge and Stoner Rock.

Alvin

Isn't so-called stoner rock a lot more influenced by Earth?

klump

Karp is a really good band, but you can hear what melvins songs they have ripped off and thats a bit sad...

Dueling banshees for example has a midsection that sounds like Boris...or Koollegged.

but they were a good band. but its kind of strange listening to them doing it so obvious.

AlmightyRetard

check out this band www.soundclick.com/grandmasvomit

This is the best band ever.
They're ripping Melvins off here and there. But isn't it ok to rip off a band like the Melvins? I think it is...
I like fucking corpses

Leroy

at least they are ripping off of a band that is good.

Leroy

Quote from: AlvinIsn't so-called stoner rock a lot more influenced by Earth?

in my opinion, no.

DubEMC

Fu Manchu's first 7 inch sounds like a Melvins tribute band, no joke. Good luck finding a copy.

AlmightyRetard

Quote from: DubEMCFu Manchu's first 7 inch sounds like a Melvins tribute band, no joke. Good luck finding a copy.

What's that one called and what songs are on it?
I like fucking corpses

DubEMC

1. KEPT BETWEEN TREES
2. BOUILLABAISSE
3. JR. HIGH SCHOOL RING (7 KARAT)

Dog Tired

Everybody! ripped off the melvins.

Nelly did.

Masteraloadahead

I like 2 kinds of music.............Melvins, and bands that sound exactly like Melvins.

klump

there are certain things that a whole genration of musicians have in the blood, you cant blame the melvins for everything, but there are many bands that have been drinking out of the melvins bowl.