New member here, nothing really new

Started by RomanPig, June 17, 2005, 06:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Tired

Quote from: AlvinIs Pearl Bomb that song where you just keep hearing this clanging sound like "kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh" and then this vicious bass line comes in?

yah it's imitating a cd skipping.

Alvin

Quote from: Dog Tired
Quote from: AlvinIs Pearl Bomb that song where you just keep hearing this clanging sound like "kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh kluh" and then this vicious bass line comes in?

yah it's imitating a cd skipping.

Well that's interesting I didn't know that. It's kind of annoying but effective I suppose. It's like a metronome effect.

Another thing I didn't know is that Alvin, which is not my real name, is actually a less common name than Melvin, according to namestatistics.com.

ignut

I've lurked here before, but now I'm registered and dug up this old 'new member' thread to say hello and sneek in the door behind the italian guy. I'm new to the board but not a new melvins fan. Those are my fan boy drawings in newsletter #2 pg 13&14.  :blush:

so, that's it.  hello. carry on..

Huey P. Newton

ignut

Vcavallo

jesus christ!! beautiful drawings, man!  wow, i am astounded.  i draw, myself.  that is, i also draw, not that i draw self-portraits.  well, that too.  but that's not what i meant.  
are they etchings or block prints?  or do you draw with ink in such a way as to appear as if you made a print?  
in either case, i think they are gorgeous and would love to see more.

welcome aboard, and i'll be the first to say i am pleased to call you a melvins brother!(especially with talent like that)
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

ignut

hey thanks for the welcome.
those drawings are just brush & ink (& melvins on the headphones).

also, thanks for those live mp3s on your link