Author Topic: Buzz: "Kevin is out!"  (Read 22637 times)

Offline mumu

• melvins is gay
    • View Profile
Buzz: "Kevin is out!"
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2005, 12:17:06 AM »
It's time to grieve for the loss of Kevin.   :cry:
It's all fucking good-dini as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I'd eat a MELVINS deep fried turd. GO MELVINS!!

-Smellis[/i]

Dog Tired

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2005, 12:19:35 AM »
Quote from: Vcavallo
Quote from: DubEMC
That guy looks like something that lives under a bridge and kills goats.

hahahaha i love that story!

as far as this bassist situation is concerned... i really liked kevin a lot.  at times i thought he was my favorite member.  the personality he brought to the stage is one the i associate with the identity of the melvins, having never seen them with any other bassist.  i really love his stage presence, and this is very sad to me, because i feel like i'll never see the original melvins ever again.  the kevin line-up was the one i saw when i saw them first, and all the years in between up until now.  a version of the melvins are now dead to me and i have to re-discover them.  maybe it feels similar to being in a relationship where your partner cheats on you and you go on being together, but that original pristine relationship is gone.
sorry if that brings up bad memories for anyone.

damn i really should avoid becoming emotionally attached to a band, but i have done just that.  if the melvins stop making music or die or something, i will be a different person.  it would be like the death of a loved one or breaking up with my girlfriend.

who needs that shit in their world of music...there is enough everywhere else.

DAMN YOU MELVINS FOR BEING SO AMAZING!

dammit dude.

Offline mumu

• melvins is gay
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2005, 12:24:55 AM »
Quote from: Dog Tired

as far as this bassist situation is concerned... i really liked kevin a lot.  at times i thought he was my favorite member.  the personality he brought to the stage is one the i associate with the identity of the melvins, having never seen them with any other bassist.  i really love his stage presence, and this is very sad to me, because i feel like i'll never see the original melvins ever again.  the kevin line-up was the one i saw when i saw them first, and all the years in between up until now.  a version of the melvins are now dead to me and i have to re-discover them.  maybe it feels similar to being in a relationship where your partner cheats on you and you go on being together, but that original pristine relationship is gone.

damn i really should avoid becoming emotionally attached to a band, but i have done just that.  if the melvins stop making music or die or something, i will be a different person.  it would be like the death of a loved one or breaking up with my girlfriend.

dammit dude.

Exactly.
It's all fucking good-dini as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I'd eat a MELVINS deep fried turd. GO MELVINS!!

-Smellis[/i]

Offline Andy

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
    • View Profile
    • last.fm page
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2005, 04:07:33 AM »
Well this is worse than crap. Whoever they get to replace Kevin won't be as creative as he was I bet.
For your health!

Offline Reverend Ebeneezer

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2005, 04:52:38 AM »
Without wishing to sound unduly harsh or demean the situation in any way, I do enjoy the Melvins ongoing bassist saga in an oddly perverse way. I mean, as well, Kevin was in the band six years so he's had a better innings than any of the others. While he's a bloody good bassist it'll be interesting to see who fills the void. I mean, I think it'll be DSS myself but you never know. Buzz hasn't exactly been on good terms with any of the other bassists after they've left, and DSS is a friend first and foremost. He may not want to risk their relationship.

I reckon they should get Gene Simmons in again...heh. Or go all retro and get someone like Kurt Danielson on board...
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

thegrumpylil'hermit

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2005, 07:50:54 AM »

:shock:  

this has to be the first time ive experienced an awkward silence over the internet.   Hope you feel better man....try getting out of the house more often.

Offline the bloat

• melvins is gay
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2005, 09:28:52 AM »
The Melvins bass player situation vaguely reminds me of Spinal Tap and their revolving door of drummers.

roman.pig.iron

Word just in...
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2005, 10:17:50 AM »
I'm the new Melvins bassist! Yip-a-hoo-aah for me!!

Offline mumu

• melvins is gay
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2005, 10:23:45 AM »
I heard a rumour the Melvins are going to audition for bassists at local Guitar Centers.  :lol:

-Smellis[/i]

RomanPig

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2005, 11:11:21 AM »
Curse of the bass player hits again...

thegrumpylil'hermit

« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2005, 11:58:53 AM »
Quote from: mumu
I heard a rumour the Melvins are going to audition for bassists at local Guitar Centers.  :lol:

you silly goose.... :wink:

Kurva

« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2005, 12:31:28 PM »
howabout they kick the guitar player?  :twisted:

anyway, this sucks. I REALLY hope it wont be Adam Jones...

Offline chopklop

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2005, 12:34:42 PM »
Why are you guys even speculating Adam Jones? Is'nt he in some long winded prog rock band has a new record coming out soon? Which I'm sure will be followed by a long winded tour for the Budweiser drinkin', tire iron wielding troglodytes of the world.

participant

« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2005, 12:52:32 PM »
What the Melvins need is NOT two drummers.  They need two BASSISTS.

Haggardsue

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2005, 03:36:08 PM »
Quote from: the bloat
The Melvins bass player situation vaguely reminds me of Spinal Tap and their revolving door of drummers.

Yes but their bass players don't explode in such an interesting fashion.

It goes up to 11.... Is that Louder???? Well it's one louder isn't it? Genius