Sieg Howdy!

Started by Chief Ten Beers, July 23, 2005, 03:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOOL

I haven't heard it but I know it sucks.
There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened.  But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.

SchnabelA

Sieg Howdy is better than Never Breath, in fact I think it would be rather fun watching Jello perform this album live with Melvins. It`s almost like Melvins and Jello are teenagers again, riffing, drumming and singing like angry youths in the basement at home. A much more straighforward album than Never Breath, I`m not dissappointed at all! Dead Kennedys is one of the few punk-bands I listened to, besides all the so called Heavy Metal I was into at that time (Maiden, AC/DC, Def Leppard, M

mopafeena

Personally i can't understand why most people are disapointed with this album. I finally found a copy last week and really liked it. Yes, i am a DK fan but that's not the point, it is actually a quality release. Maybe not the best that the Melvins have done, or Jello for that matter, but who cares? I like it.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

anaconda

You know what man? It's up to everyone else here, whatever the consesus is.
I've put up the We Reach mp3s and people still bought the CD, and I put up
Electroretard mp3s also, because its out of print, but COD is still on Ipecac
and in stores, it's available. I'll do it if the majority agrees. I want to respect
Buzz's earning potential

Vcavallo

well, let's pretend that trust over the internet exists, and ask him if he'll buy it if he likes it.  or something. 
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

SchnabelA

My favourite-tracks so far:

Lighter Side of Global Terrorism and Lessons in What Not to Become. This is 80`s punk at its very best, turn it up loud either you are at home or in your car. Hillarious lyrics! :lol:

Vcavallo

Quote from: mopafeena on October 18, 2005, 04:31:05 AM
Personally i can't understand why most people are disapointed with this album. I finally found a copy last week and really liked it. Yes, i am a DK fan but that's not the point, it is actually a quality release. Maybe not the best that the Melvins have done, or Jello for that matter, but who cares? I like it.

i don't consider it a "quality" release.  in the positive spectrum, i would go as far as to call it "entertaining", but Quality it is not.  the mixing is done so poorly that i can safely say that I FEEL it is low-quality. 
notice i'm not saying one can't listen and enjoy, just that as a product on the market compared to other similar products, it's quality is inferior.  just like bullhead has sub-par production, but it's a great record.

obviously this is all my opinion and my intention isn't to rip into anyone's personal taste, it's just that many people are saying it is a well-MADErecord, and i whole-heartedly disagree.

however, i am glad you enjoy it. to quote one of the musical jeeniouses of our time, "if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad..."

mopafeena

I think everyone should just agree to disagree on this one.

anaconda

mopafeena

Pussy? You're probally right.  :lol: I just think this argument over sieg howdy is getting boring.

glen

who's arguing?    it's called a "discussion".   I know because I have "discussions" with my wife all the time.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Vcavallo

Quote from: glen on October 25, 2005, 10:51:01 AM
who's arguing?    it's called a "discussion".   I know because I have "discussions" with my wife all the time.

hahhahha

glen, because of your avatar, i can't help but imagine that is what you look like.  i know it isn't you, but whenever i read your posts i imagine that guy talking.. i can't stop it!

norecess

Hehe, I feel the same way sometimes but I already knew that picture from this website: http://www.subjectivisten.org/colofon.php (you have to scroll down a little 'til Joost Heijthuijsen).