Buzz talks about Kevin's departure...

Started by rimb, September 07, 2005, 06:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rimb

From an interview in Melbourne (Aus) street press 'Beat' promoting the upcoming Fantomas tour:

"It got to the point with Kevin where his lifestyle and our lifestyle just didn't seem to mix.  I think you can fill in the blanks there, without me having to say it.  We decided we didn't want it to happen any more; that's basically where it's at unfortunately.  I personally like Kevin, and I like the way he played bass but there's only so much of that sort of extra-curricular activity in the insanity department that I can handle.  Now if you talked to Kevin I'm sure that he would have a much different view of the whole thing, but that's the way it is for me and I can't help it.  Hopefully Kevin will get it together and, some day, me and him can be friends again."

anaconda

Quote from: Buzz"...there's only so much of that sort of extra-curricular activity in the insanity department that I can handle..."

????

anaconda

Apparently Dale is the one who officially broke the news to Kevin, maybe Buzz couldn't face him, or maybe Dale couldnt keep time with him anymore. I hope we get Kevin's side of this one day.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Rutmanis I found this:

"...He was kicked out of the Melvins by Dale Crover."

mumu

It's all fucking good-dini as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I'd eat a MELVINS deep fried turd. GO MELVINS!!

-Smellis[/i]

Leroy

the thing is it seems like they gave up a big chunk of their fall tour last year in respect to kevin, so it looked like kevin was just taking a break or something.  it was strange how earlier this year he played one show with them and then (according to buzz) got kicked out of the melvins.  i wonder if kevin wanted even more time off again, and buzz/dale got sick of it or something.   seems really weird, but they probably dont want to give out too much personal info about kevin's issues i suppose.

blipntime

**deleted**... i read this somewhere several years back. pardon me if i am wrong.

--sorry to edit your post.  this is my first action as a moderator, and i feel funny doing it.  i am not a fan of censorship, but i believe that is the type of rumor seed that should never be given the chance to grow.  i figure you'd probably have changed it yourself in time, but i really didn't want it visible any longer, nothing personal.  i appreciate your understanding.--
vinney

Pelican

Whatever it was, it sucks. I really like that guy. If it's drugs, which is what it sounds like, and looked like based on his behavior on the last  tour, I hope he can clean himself up. Kevin rules.

blipntime

anaconda

go edit that bullshit about a young boy or i'll fucking ban you myself, he's a married man

BlueBob

^Whoah! lol
Now that the word is out from buzz, I guess I'll say I heard thru the great vine that he overdosed on heroin on that last tour. But who knows? I mean what else would it take to cancell a whole tour smack dab in the middle of it?

GrimReaper

Quote from: BlueBobI mean what else would it take to cancell a whole tour smack dab in the middle of it?

Kevin's "illness" that cancelled the tour meant a huge loss of revenue for Buzz and Dale. Their music is their livelihood. Touring is where you reap the benifits. Just like any other job, Kevin got fired.

BlueBob

Right. I think his illness was an OD of black tar.

klump

Oh no not again.

thanks for the excerpt of the interview, but lets keep our imaginative ideas to ourselves.