Wholly Buy Bull

Started by rhett E rock, October 04, 2005, 09:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhett E rock

so listening to this song gets me real excited about the Melvins next project w/out Jello.  this is the only song i think he brings down on the new album.  the song is so strong and he just does spoken word over it.  still kick-ass though.

anaconda

i dont know why but it sounds like he was making it up at the mike on the spot, its not full of conviction, more like its just another take, i thing jourgensons remix is also just another remix blah,
effect here, drum swoosh there dial it in....fuck him

rhett E rock

i think Enchanted Thoughtfist is pretty good.  mainly because, and this is why i hate remixes, it's not overdone.  the Caped Crusader mix is waaay over done.  it would've sounded better if they didn't try to add something new in every single part.  although the Dawn of the Locusts remix is pretty bad ass.  it sounds like a fucken death march.           

i definitely agree with you when it sounds like he's just making shit up as he goes a long on Wholly Buy Bull.  on the other hand Lessons In What Not to Become and Voted off the Island i think is some of the best work the Jelvins have done together.  but Wholly Buy Bull, i wish the Melvins would've saved that for themselves.

glen

I totally agree.      whooly buy bull is one nasty, searing song.  that chugging bass and guitar moans,  like I said before: "who is going to tell me this song isn't melvins through and through?"           the lyrics/vocals kill this thing,and I am not a jello hater.    spoken word just does not work over what is going on there musically.  the lyrics don't even rhyme, not that that is THAT important, but I'm just saying.     it's the best "song" on this disc.   you know the thing that REALLY bothers me about this whole jelvins thing?  it does NOT showcase dale's talent.  this general simplicity of the music calls for the drumming to be somewhat mundane.   the things dale can do with a drum kit are left behind on these discs and that, my friends, is an absolutle travesty.   I am thinking (or at least hoping) that the big business colab will focus a bit more on the drums.  so spread between all these collaborations we are getting all of what MELVINS are best at.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

TosT

wholly buy bull has great music.

the lyrics for voted off the island irritate me too much for me to enjoy it. almost the same for "lessons in...", the music's good in that one too though.