Houdini Live 2005 'A Live History Of Gluttony and Lust'

Started by Chomas, October 18, 2005, 04:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klump

Chomas

"dont be such a pessimist"

no you got me wrong I really do think its a novel idea, its just Ive never even heard of someone doing it before thats all!

klump

Quote from: change&suffocation on November 13, 2005, 04:54:11 PM
"dont be such a pessimist"

no you got me wrong I really do think its a novel idea, its just Ive never even heard of someone doing it before thats all!

okay then :)

Eponymous

It has happened before a few times.

Suicidal Tendencies re-recorded their debut album to get control of the recordings again. A few other bands have done this.
Gang of Four have just re-recorded a bunch of tracks (though, not a complete album).

BlueBob

This is CRAZY! I totally could see them doing this! Houdini is one of those allbums were the production seems dated and a rerecording could really do it justice. Pluus to have madman trevor dunn on bass is just ridiculous!
It will be cool if this happens.

MrJunkie

Alanis Morrisette......'tis a shame I know this......
"joe s preston esquire"

meanclown

leave it to Melvins to yet again reinvent the wheel...i've heard of bands re-recording tunes in the past..(jethro tull, spirit)..but entire albums? Now that's cool....plus - in the event they don't own the publishing from the original  record - they simply re-record & release it anew....or something like that!

blag jesus himself

the fact that they're rerecording houdini and not bullhead makes me hate the melvins and never want to listen to them again

how can they improve houdini by rerecording it?  the production seems perfect to me...now bullhead, that could use some fixin up sound-wise,  the live version of zodiac on the fucker club or whatever proves that i'm right and the melvins are wrong...oh well

Vcavallo

bullhead is history and should remain as such. 
the tracks on bullhead have no place being recording in this modern world.
can you imagine that actually being recorded now and released as freshly layed material?
something about it just doesn't seem right.
it's like scolding king arthur when whAt you really wants is a temporary nur 
nur nur

bullhead belongs where bullhead resides in the annals of vibration
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

mopafeena

I don't really like the idea of re recording albums. The albums done, it's been out for years, it's good (both Houdini and Bullhead), so why?? what's the point?? I'd much rather hear some new stuff. The live version of Houdini would be ok though.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

rhett E rock

Quote from: Vcavallo on November 14, 2005, 02:32:48 AM
bullhead is history and should remain as such. 
the tracks on bullhead have no place being recording in this modern world.
can you imagine that actually being recorded now and released as freshly layed material?
something about it just doesn't seem right.
it's like scolding king arthur when whAt you really wants is a temporary nur 
nur nur

bullhead belongs where bullhead resides in the annals of vibration

i wouldn't mind them re-recording "Boris" though.  there are much better versions live than on that album. 

Lividity

Well, if they do, let's just hope the intro to 'Copache' still packs that powerful punch.

Ash

I really do think they should re-record bullhead, the songs on that album are amazing.  Me and my friend have actually been talking about this for a long time now.  When you hear the songs live they are just so good, but the album lacks a lot of punch.

turnacus

How else do they completely wash their hands of nirvana?
Van Hagar