HOLY FUCKING SHIT PLEASE READ!!

Started by Vcavallo, October 20, 2005, 07:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent48

i don't think that it's on dvd yet, so he'll have to convert it from vhs to dvd then rip it. buuut i dunno i just remember something a library and convertin'

ZAPPAJOE

VCR audio out -> PC audio in.

SilentBob is a free program to rip anything coming through your soundcard.

Send me the tape, I'll have it done in an hour.

Chomas

glen

I'm not getting pushy or anything but I think this board is HURTING for Vin's interview. things are in a bit of a rut,       I've seen 2 "what's your favorite MELVINS songs?" in less than a month.  that tells me we need some fresh subject matter.
(not that I am offering any great discussions besides dumb-ass attempts at being humorous)

I think vin's interview will set a new record for views and responses,  it's going to be a feeding frenzy.

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Kessel

For life is not happy.

idiotboy

Maybe a heavy dose of smiting will motivate him.

I'm sure it will!

anaconda

We have to remember, he didn't choose to do this, it was hoisted
upon him by outside insurgents. He only did it out of obligation,
with no fore-thought of just how much effort would be needed to
bring this to fruition. Also, to meet Buzz in person regardless of the
burden of the task at hand and conduct, record, transfer, decipher,
transcribe and post it all in the end. Thats a lot of weight to carry on
those bony little shoulders and slight frame of our man Vinny.

glen

Quote from: anaconda on November 28, 2005, 06:00:51 PM
We have to remember, he didn't choose to do this, it was hoisted
upon him by outside insurgents. He only did it out of obligation,
with no fore-thought of just how much effort would be needed to
bring this to fruition. Also, to meet Buzz in person regardless of the
burden of the task at hand and conduct, record, transfer, decipher,
transcribe and post it all in the end. Thats a lot of weight to carry on
those bony little shoulders and slight frame of our man Vinny.

although I DO see your point conda,   I don't think these "outside insurgents" had to go too deep in their bag of torture devices to convince our boy vin. (hey vin! where you been?)
like I said,  I ain't getting pushy,   just anxious like the rest of us.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Vcavallo

you guys are all hilarious!

i know i have to do this damn thing.  i think about it all the time.
it plauges me, even.
this last week i was home for thanksgiving and couldn't work on it.  i would do it myself at home but i don't think i have the ability to connect VCR --> computer.  i've only connected video devices through firewire and i doubt that's a viable option for VHS.  i need to take my ass to the library for a few hours and bust it out.  i should do it before finals, too, because if i don't i'll wind up going home for christmas break and then you won't see it till february. 
i guess you can consider that a guarantee that it'll be complete by december 15th, hopefully much before.
sorrysorrysorryi believe you all have a right to be impatient.  don't apologize.  i promised goods and i haven't delivered yet. i deserve the prodding.

let's hope you're right glen, and this interview revolutionizes and breathes new life into the board.  it sure will be interesting to see how quickly the thread explodes. 
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

norecess

Take your time, Vinney. School's first, huh? ;)

Oh, and make sure to add this chapter (if you promise something really cool on a board, make sure you deliver on time) to your book. Sorry, bad joke.

brian

Vinney you can mail the tape to me and i can do it in about an hour and have it online if you want.

As i typed this i remembered I was supposed to give you my address for something else but forgot, sorry for flakeing.

klump

Quote from: brian on November 30, 2005, 12:49:09 AM
Vinney you can mail the tape to me and i can do it in about an hour and have it online if you want.

As i typed this i remembered I was supposed to give you my address for something else but forgot, sorry for flakeing.

there you have it :)

even brian is anxious the see this.

cant wait vinney   :D

ZAPPAJOE

I'd hate to repeat myself but . . .

VCR audio out -> PC audio in. (We're talking about $10 worth of cables from Radio Shack)

SilentBob is a free program to rip anything coming through your soundcard.

Send me the tape, I'll have it done in an hour.

Sweet fucking jesus.

An even easier solution . . .

1. Move TV and VCR in front of Computer.
2. Turn on TV and VCR
3. Press play on VCR
4. Hold PC microphone up to TV
5. Press record in ANY audio recording software program.

thor

I have a complete semi-pro audio/video studio available....if you can send me a copy of the raw material...I can have it transcribed/edited/uploaded pretty efficiently. Just an offer...
Bass player, recording engineer, Melvins superfan

Joe Deutrom

Some of you guys should calm down. Take a few soothing, deep breaths.