Author Topic: HOLY FUCKING SHIT PLEASE READ!!  (Read 141875 times)

Offline deatheats

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
Re: HOLY FUCKING SHIT PLEASE READ!!
« Reply #870 on: May 17, 2019, 05:51:48 PM »
The legend made flesh  :shock:

Can't say I'd ever see the day...kinda like legal   :toke:

Offline vince furnier

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
  • see my only mind explode, when I've gone insane!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 18, 2019, 09:06:30 AM »
got a good reaction on fb.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Offline dead mike

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • The lie is a condition of life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 18, 2019, 11:16:29 AM »
These deepfake videos are getting real weird
LOL

Offline bUTTHOLEmAN

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
  • Hang Ten Brah
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 18, 2019, 11:40:49 AM »
I drove down from Burlington Vermont to see this show with my then-roommate. He worked for the radio station at our college. another friend of ours (and radio station employee) was in some kind of communication with some people from the melvins (possibly Tim Moss), and they/he basically suggested that we interview them at this show. Curt and I drove down early because we were supposed to do it before the show started. We were told that we couldn't do it before and that we'd have to do it afterwards.
After an amazing show, buzz came out and met us at the bar. I gave him an Icebot toy because i know he collects things like this. I also presented him some Cracker Barrel cheese that i bought on the way down because i heard that the melvins like it. This is apparently a rumor.
the interview went very well. Buzz was incredibly jovial and talkative, leading the conversation in all sorts of interesting directions. i sort of got the impression that he enjoyed being interviewed by an actual fan that listened to the music religiously as opposed to some press-idiot that talks about nirvana constantly. the interview was recorded onto VHS and as soon as i can get it transferred to digital format i will be posting it somewhere on the internet and will provide a link here and elsewhere.
after the interview, buzz signed some vinyl that i brought as well as a "Prick" shirt that i made a few years back. i told him that i wore it to This concert when he came out and apologized that we couldn't get in. he claimed to remember the incident but i suspect he was just telling me so to make me happy. as we were leaving i saw dale and told him they were great tonight. he offered to sign stuff and then he offered some drumsticks. i didn't even ask. the melvins are a fine bunch of guys.
I think i got back to Vermont late that night/early the next morning-just in time for class...
-VCavallo
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=October_21,_2005
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Offline Fureon Nectarmoon

• knows moss
  • RAIN-BOOOOOOW!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 18, 2019, 01:06:45 PM »
Holy fucking shit. I wasn't here at the start of the journey but I am amazed to see its finish.
I expect either large anomalies all over the world from now on...
...or the opposite! Things falling into place and the world fixing itself.
This is a part of restoring the Universal Balance!

Offline jules

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • A bad mouth betrays a bad mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 18, 2019, 01:17:32 PM »
I drove down from Burlington Vermont to see this show with my then-roommate. He worked for the radio station at our college. another friend of ours (and radio station employee) was in some kind of communication with some people from the melvins (possibly Tim Moss), and they/he basically suggested that we interview them at this show. Curt and I drove down early because we were supposed to do it before the show started. We were told that we couldn't do it before and that we'd have to do it afterwards.
After an amazing show, buzz came out and met us at the bar. I gave him an Icebot toy because i know he collects things like this. I also presented him some Cracker Barrel cheese that i bought on the way down because i heard that the melvins like it. This is apparently a rumor.
the interview went very well. Buzz was incredibly jovial and talkative, leading the conversation in all sorts of interesting directions. i sort of got the impression that he enjoyed being interviewed by an actual fan that listened to the music religiously as opposed to some press-idiot that talks about nirvana constantly. the interview was recorded onto VHS and as soon as i can get it transferred to digital format i will be posting it somewhere on the internet and will provide a link here and elsewhere.
after the interview, buzz signed some vinyl that i brought as well as a "Prick" shirt that i made a few years back. i told him that i wore it to This concert when he came out and apologized that we couldn't get in. he claimed to remember the incident but i suspect he was just telling me so to make me happy. as we were leaving i saw dale and told him they were great tonight. he offered to sign stuff and then he offered some drumsticks. i didn't even ask. the melvins are a fine bunch of guys.
I think i got back to Vermont late that night/early the next morning-just in time for class...
-VCavallo
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=October_21,_2005
I'm welling up. You know the Italian Scene in Inglorious Basterds? From now on, if anyone officious asks me my name, I will place the thumb of my right hand against the tips of the two first fingers, raise my arm south of the elbow and proclaim that I'm "Vincenzo Cavallo" a la Antonio Margheriti in the following clip. You will be englorified for years to come:

'Anything doused in any kind of curry is great.'  -  spunkmonkey

'Life is silly. The appropriate response is laughter.' - amazonAMAZON

'Don't think I can do doublemint vinyl.' - Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

Offline bUTTHOLEmAN

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
  • Hang Ten Brah
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 18, 2019, 02:06:01 PM »
I'm Antonio Margheriti  "Vincenzo Cavallo"

I'm curious about the back story. Where was the tape the entire time? Was this a case of serious procrastination (Oh there's the tape, but I don't have a vcr) or maybe someone had stolen it, and great lengths were taken to recover it?

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Offline ilduclo

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 19, 2019, 07:31:49 AM »
Ciao, Vincenzo, and arrividerchi!
It’s the delicious.

Offline Idlehanz

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • The Colossus Of Destiny: A Melvins Tale
« Reply #878 on: May 19, 2019, 11:49:42 AM »

I'm curious about the back story. Where was the tape the entire time? Was this a case of serious procrastination (Oh there's the tape, but I don't have a vcr) or maybe someone had stolen it, and great lengths were taken to recover it?

I can't speak for Vinny, but I've had it for a few years now I think.  I finally bought a little device that connects a VCR to my laptop and records, so I finally got it done.

Offline Vcavallo

• influx of doom
  • louisville lip service
  • colophon of doubt
    • View Profile
    • my personal website
« Reply #879 on: May 19, 2019, 10:47:35 PM »
I'm Antonio Margheriti  "Vincenzo Cavallo"

equal parts procrastination (an art over which I have utter mastery), bouts of forgetfulness, paranoia and lack of access to technological means. I’ve carried the tape around to various places i’ve lived, keeping it amongst my most well-guarded treasures (only partially for my own sake - mostly because of the bizarre life of its own it assumed due to this board.) at one time i got my parents to keep it in a safe they have at their house  :lol:
my plan had always been to digitize it - as idlehanz finally did. i had a few people offer to help with that over the years but I was hesitant to let it out of my possession. nuts, i know. it was like just annoying enough to not deal with it at any given time, but important enough to me to not write off altogether. it was also sorta fun having it turn into this wacky cult legend!
Ryan was kind enough to offer to digitize the thing and I trusted him with it. I also liked that it sort of coincided with the documentary. felt like a good culmination for The Interview’s story.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Offline bUTTHOLEmAN

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
  • Hang Ten Brah
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 21, 2019, 10:53:54 AM »
Nice, thanks Vinny and Idle, it turned out well. Excellent job with the actual interview btw, good questions, and I liked that you asked Buzz about his 'career ending injuries' + baseball comment.  :lol:

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

Offline glen

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.glenisabanana.com
« Reply #881 on: May 21, 2019, 11:01:10 AM »
haven't watched.  still in denial.

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
 (signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Offline Vcavallo

• influx of doom
  • louisville lip service
  • colophon of doubt
    • View Profile
    • my personal website
« Reply #882 on: May 21, 2019, 11:14:29 AM »
Nice, thanks Vinny and Idle, it turned out well. Excellent job with the actual interview btw, good questions, and I liked that you asked Buzz about his 'career ending injuries' + baseball comment.  :lol:

Thanks, man! It was a long time ago and it's pretty funny to watch myself - I was clearly very nervous and excited. If I were to do it again I'd relax and just have a conversation; which Buzz clearly wanted to do. I kept asking very "band interviewy" questions. I don't even think I said "hey how are you doing?" when we sat down hah.

also I don't know what the fuck we were doing with a VHS camcorder in 2005... It makes the interview seem like it took place in 1989!
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Offline blacksanta

• speaks bocce
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitehouse.org
« Reply #883 on: May 22, 2019, 03:21:09 PM »
Interview > New Tool
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

))))((((

« Reply #884 on: May 22, 2019, 07:43:32 PM »
I saved the link and finally got around to watching the interview just now. I really enjoyed it. One of the better Buzz Q&A's in some of the specifics that he elaborated upon. I think the distance from now to then actually made it more insightful in a way. Thanks Vinny and Idle.