What have YOU ever done for the Melvins?

Started by Vow, December 22, 2004, 04:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunica

i taught kevin how to dance. its sad that hes gone, but at least now he can go all the way with his career in professional showdancing.
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

klump

Quote from: glen on December 01, 2005, 06:02:13 PM
Quote from: norecess on December 01, 2005, 04:50:38 PM
Quote from: Pastor Of Muppets on December 01, 2005, 02:39:59 PM
I buy their albums and I've converted a few people.

I've tried to convert many people, or at least my friends but it never worked out. Like Vinney once said to me, you find out that the power of the Melvins is so personal after you've let your friends hear it and they think it's just average or that it sucks.

fuck converting people.

glen

Quote from: klump on December 02, 2005, 06:08:54 AM

I've tried to convert many people, or at least my friends but it never worked out. Like Vinney once said to me, you find out that the power of the Melvins is so personal after you've let your friends hear it and they think it's just average or that it sucks.

fuck converting people.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

norecess

fuck converting people.  I like things just the way they are.  nothing against MELVINS success, I wish them the best.  but the last thing I want is the fan pool polluted with fuckheads.

I agree with you, Glen. But I don't consider my friends as fuckheads.. or well, not all of 'em.

glen

Quote from: norecess on December 02, 2005, 06:58:32 AM
I agree with you, Glen. But I don't consider my friends as fuckheads.. or well, not all of 'em.

maarten,      a friend of yours is a friend of mine.     
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

klump

a band cant be succsessfull without a decent chunk of moron fans to sell records to...just look at us.

norecess

Quote from: glen on December 02, 2005, 07:14:02 AM
Quote from: norecess on December 02, 2005, 06:58:32 AM

maarten,      a friend of yours is a friend of mine.     

Beautifully said, Glen.

One of my best friends is a cop, is that ok? He smokes a lot more pot than me though.

Did you know that when our friend Kurt called Jack Endino and he said 'Hi my name is Kurt, I'm a friend of the Melvins and I want to record some songs', Jack replied 'Sure, a friend of the Melvins is a friend of mine'.

norecess

Quote from: klump on December 02, 2005, 08:18:58 AM
a band cant be succsessfull without a decent chunk of moron fans to sell records to...just look at us.

They don't have to become complete nerds as us, Klump, they just have to learn to appreciat the Melvins so they can finally understand what my obsession is about. Altough... just understanding 'em, isn't good enoygh, huh? You hate 'em or you get obsessed by them... I guess that explains it.

norecess

Quote from: Lunica on December 02, 2005, 06:02:32 AM
i taught kevin how to dance. its sad that hes gone, but at least now he can go all the way with his career in professional showdancing.

:D

Ah, please. Did anyone watch the Champions League final of last season? Liverpool's goalkeeper Dudek moved exactly like Kevin during the penalty series.

glen

Vcavallo

Quote from: klump on December 02, 2005, 06:08:54 AM

glen,  youre a nice guy, but sort of a nazi  :lol:

"yea he's a nice guy, i like him just fine..... BUT HE'S A MOUTH BREATHER!!"
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Vcavallo

sometimes its funny to see what comes up when you google image search lines from these posts. 
observe:

Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Lunica

i needed a picture of brown beans for a school assignment. this is what i found:

i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

duster

nothing. actually i emailed buzzo last week and asked him for a hundred bucks.

SchnabelA

I`ve bought their records and live-dvd, I can`t see that they deserve more than that. They are probably earning
enough money as it is, not filtlthy rich, but I`m quite sure Buzz and Dale have secured their future. If`I`m not wrong, they should have a far better percentage at Ipecac than at a big label. If they, for example, get 8 dollar pr record, you can only figure out what they earn with selling 100.000 records worldwide, as I`m quite sure they do, maybe even more. They also earn money on tour, and by selling merchandise etc. Melvins are not in need of our help, the only thing they can hope for is that more people get their eyes up for this revelation of a band.

PS! The only ocassions I can see that I have tried to "help" Melvins, is by sending e-mails to concertbookers here in Norway, asking them to book them. But that is done purely for my own selfish needs, so that I don`t have to travel to other countries and pay for planetickets, hotels etc. I LOVE MYSELF!!   :lol: