HANDS FIRST FLOWER

Started by coodies, December 01, 2005, 12:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coodies

Like Collossus of Destiny, i finallly grown to like this track. Funny how this and Pigs of the Roman Empire (song) are about the same in length :roll:

anaconda

This is way better than COD, just my opinion.

Chomas

glen

surprised to hear the positive reviews of "hands first" since Buzz seemed very disappointed with the JOE PRESTON release.   he seems to think Joe "mailed" it in.
I agree though, I like the preston disc although I almost consider it a thrones release to some extent.

I don't know if I would even compare it to COD though. not that I think COD is better or worse, just not comparable.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Joe Deutrom

Preston's "Melvins" solo is great.

norecess

Quote from: glen on December 01, 2005, 01:48:28 PM
surprised to hear the positive reviews of "hands first" since Buzz seemed very disappointed with the JOE PRESTON release.   he seems to think Joe "mailed" it in.

Yeah but then again, I don't necessarily agree with everything Buzz states.

Chomas

Yeah thats for sure.  Hes pretty much a genius, but from time to time he does contradict himself in interviews whether he realizes it or not.  Obviously the shit talking he did about jello back when, and now he plays with him.  There are other examples though.  Not really on the subject but David Cross talks shit about Jello too - hear it here -> http://nardwuar.com/radio/

norecess

Quote from: change&suffocation on December 05, 2005, 11:17:17 AM
Yeah thats for sure.  Hes pretty much a genius, but from time to time he does contradict himself in interviews whether he realizes it or not.

Yeah but so do I because - as I mentioned before - we are all hypocrites and change so damn fast. At least I do. But even if he doesn't contradict himself, I don't always agree with him, which is fine to me. And to him also :).

Chomas

ManWithNoName

There's a difference between contradiction, hypocrisy and change. People's ideas do change and evolve. The simple fact that your idea of something changes doesn't mean you contradict yourself or that you're a hypocrite.

glen

Quote from: ManWithNoName on December 07, 2005, 01:23:41 PM
There's a difference between contradiction, hypocrisy and change. People's ideas do change and evolve. The simple fact that your idea of something changes doesn't mean you contradict yourself or that you're a hypocrite.

your a wise man noname. I'm going to throw you some karma for that incredibly insightful statement.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Galvano

All true, but for a person that thinks loud often and has a lot to say about most things, full on change of opinions is not a very good quality if you mean to stay true.
I mean, the Jello deal is just beyond me.

I think it's easy for hardcore fans to interpret everything their idol say, in a way that it all makes sense no matter how stupid it might be.
I'm not talking about just The Melvins or even music, you have to be able to question them and call out their wrongs, they're only humans.

For obvious reasons this has a way of comming with age.

Eponymous

It means that you're still thinking.

Dr Geek

I think the sound of the guitars is really cool, but as an actual song it's not very interesting. I kept waiting for something interesting or different to happen, but nothing ever comes.