Started by Pastor Of Muppets, February 01, 2006, 11:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anaconda

Every time I start to feel like I'm tiring of them I'll pull out COD
from the shelf it's been collecting dust on since day one and
I'll try to get all the way through it once. It's always like hearing
something new every time, not good necessarily but different

DubEMC

It's funny how I'm here all the time and almost never post in the Melvins section anymore.
I've never tired of the Melvins since I've listened to them for so long.
I know they're always in the corner with me so I take breaks and listen to other things instead.
Then I'll put on HAT or Eggnog and it still sounds good.

Jack Mort

I listen to the Melvins when nothing else strikes me fancy. They're pretty much my default lstening at home.
Accidents may happen but it's only rocks and rolling

mopafeena

I don't think i ever really tire of the melvins as such, but i guess i do tend to go a while sometimes without listening to them. I don't think i'm sick of any of their albums at all, but sometimes, which is healthy i think, i like to listen to something else.

Melvins are still number one for me in a big way though.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Joe Deutrom

I never tire of them. But I do listen to other music. And I tend to use the Melvins as a measuring stick against other somewhat similar bands. And they are all found wanting.

Beto Brasil

Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

THE DON

i like to listen to some bossa nova when im tired of the melvins
dudumumu

Kapila

I'm just now getting into them. Can't get enough.
I smell titties.

www.myspace.com/opossumtrot

glen

Quote from: Kapila on February 02, 2006, 02:26:27 PM
I'm just now getting into them. Can't get enough.

hi kap. welcome to Melvaholics Anonymous. 
step one is acceptance.

call me crazy but my default as of late is Sieg Howdy.   I won't let go of Kevin.
anybody heard any news about kev lately?  is he still doing the ALASKA thing?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

ManWithNoName

I just spent an entire week spinning Bullhead. Towards the end of it before I'd put it in I wasn't convinced that's what I wanted to listen to but by the time Boris started I was into that little baby. I think this is a good exemple of how I get tired of the melvins. When Melvins is all that I'm listening to I sort of start to get the feeling after a little while that I should be spinning something else. And I hesitate to stick to the Melvins but in the end it's always the right choice.

Pastor Of Muppets

It was Colossus of destiny that put me in this mood.  There's probably a part of me that's ashamed because I can't pretend to enjoy a melvins album even though I claim to be a huge fan.  I like difficult music and I find Delirium Cordia easy to listen to now but I really can't see the point in COD there's just no structure.
At the moment I'm listening to Bootlicker and telling anybody who'll listen that it's their most interesting work.

ninjabachelorparty

I understand where you are coming from, i am a huge Atari Teenage Riot/Alec Empire fan, but i cant pretend i enjoy listening to their album live at the Brixton Academy.  But im glad i own it, because the story behind the album is interesting, and i think it is a good and important part of their history.  So maybe you can approach COD this way too?  Ive got to admit i havent heard it myself, ive only been a hardcore Melvins fan for about 6 months, and im slowly working my way through the albums.

norecess

klump

norecess

Quote from: klump on February 04, 2006, 09:06:08 AM
norecess is a longhaired version of alec empire :)

It's even longer now!  :twisted: