underappreciated melvins songs

Started by Haggardsue, March 16, 2006, 03:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen

GGIIBBYY.

I feel guilty claiming that one sense buzz himself called this one a "piece of crap" or something.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

anaconda

'a really bad song we chopped off Houdini'

glen

Quote from: anaconda on March 31, 2006, 09:25:39 AM
'a really bad song we chopped off Houdini'

aaahh yes.   but beauty is in the ear of the beholder.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: Dudbean on March 30, 2006, 11:35:23 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 30, 2006, 07:01:22 PM
"Moonpie" is fucking awesome, and I don't see it mentioned here much. It's brutally heavy and hilarious at the same time.
Big Daddy likes to FU...

QuoteAlso "Dry Drunk", the middle section by Godzik Pink is like a nice little tribute to the Mothers Of Invention.
I always heard that part as a tribute to Beefheart, but I guess it wouldn't be out of place on something like Weasels Ripped My Flesh.

Speaking of Beefheart, I read that four albums are going to be re-released (maybe remastered, too?) on Rhino Handmade, including Decals!! There are even rumours of bonus tracks, but I don't know how many or from which albums. Time to blow the dust off my wallet.

Chief Ten Beers

Hey Chief,
I'll have to check out Relix as soon as possible - thanks for the tip. I CAN'T WAIT for the DVD!! Should be awesome. There a few former Magic Band members on the Fireparty discussion list thing I read now and then, and at least a couple of them did extensive interviews last year for the DVD. The list is where I heard about the Rhino stuff. This is the post that got me excited:

I asked my pal who owns a record shop for the contact details of his Warner Music Rep (who sells in all the Rhino stuff) - he replied thus:

"Details are still not complete, but the whole Beefheart catalogue gets a revamp on Rhino in the coming months,

Firstly, on 15th May there's an 2 CD Anthology collection released entitled "The Dust Blows Forward",

Then on 17th July, there are remastered and expanded versions of the following albums;
TROUT MASK REPLICA, SPOTLIGHT KID, CLEAR SPOT and indeed LICK MY DECALS OFF,BABY

The following week (24th July), the four above titles also get released on remastered 180gm heavyweight Vinyl"

As I say, details are still happening, that's all I have so far, I'm interested myself to see what these albums are going to be "expanded" with!!

Didn't I send you the Amsterdam '80 boot? It's called Electric Poetry, and according to the Radar Station the concert is incomplete and the songs are in the wrong order, so I'll probably end up buying this new version if that stuff is corrected. The sound of the copy I have is pretty good, though, so let me know if you're ever interested.

No Amsterdam, I'll search around for this new one. I got the Seattle birthday show and Railroadism off you. Are you sure that Rhino info you got is current? "Dust Blows Forward" set came out in '99. I got it used, worth it for 3-4 songs and the booklet when you have everything else. And a few years back most of the albums including Decals were definitely released on limited 180 gram vinyl. I remember seeing a few of them on ebay. That fireparty list is archived, probably old news. I used to read there before you had to log in.

Lunica

hey, where can i get that dvd you were talking about??
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

TGH

This isn't a time for lectures!

CaptainPungent

Quote from: glen on March 31, 2006, 07:14:42 AM
     GGIIBBYY.

I feel guilty claiming that one sense buzz himself called this one a "piece of crap" or something.

i'm digging ggiibbyy
i listened to the recorded single version for the first time a day ago, i had already had songs of them playing it live already.
i think they could have thrown off something else to put that in, or just kept it.
i love it, people i play it for don't think it's buzz's voice, i can tell though, of course.
i love the beginning, it's weird and i wish it kept that feel, but it was still really great whole.

teach me master glen.

wispy (another forgotten?)