The Melvins Nike shoes

Started by Grungeisdead, April 19, 2005, 09:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunica

if they were adidas, i would have bought them.. :)
the look of the shoe don't appeal to me at all (not the design, but the shoe itself.. it's got seams everywhere).
the white ones look ok though, if they were like 20 bucks i would have bought them, just to have an extra pair :P

but i usually buy my kicks on amazon :D i end up paying like $70 (shipping included) for something that would cost AT LEAST $200 over here :)

that's my life story!
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

Vcavallo

Quote from: Joe Deutrom on April 27, 2006, 05:48:46 PM
I am surprised that the way Buzz now has their main CD sleeve artwork on the back of the case hasn't caught on. It does allow maximum exposure to the artwork.

most bands aren't about full exposure of their artwork, they're about not confusing -and subsequently scaring away- potential fans.

about the shoes:
Buzz told me they had very very little to do with the shoes.  it wasn't even their idea.  a friend of dale who knows someone at nike approached them, asking if they could do it.  they didn't disagree
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

(PAUL)

Ah, so that's all you need to do is ask them and have them not disagree. Does that mean "maybe" works?

I personally thought the black ones looked alright, but I'm not paying that much for shoes. It's funny that the Melvins release so many wacky things over the years (fetus in a jar? An 8-track tape???), yet no one was cool with the shoes at all.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

mopafeena

If i found the shoes somewhere i might buy them just for collectable purposes, if they didn't cost too much that is.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Vcavallo

i liked the shoes!

if they weren't made by nike i might have bought them (and if they were much cheaper).

FartLips

Quote from: Vcavallo on April 28, 2006, 04:36:16 PM
Quote from: Joe Deutrom on April 27, 2006, 05:48:46 PM
I am surprised that the way Buzz now has their main CD sleeve artwork on the back of the case hasn't caught on. It does allow maximum exposure to the artwork.

most bands aren't about full exposure of their artwork, they're about not confusing -and subsequently scaring away- potential fans.

about the shoes:
Buzz told me they had very very little to do with the shoes.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Pelican

I would buy Melvins shoes if they didn't suck. Like maybe some Chucks with the Melvins Army logo where the All Star logo is. In black of course. Add some red stitching.

Sweet avitar Fart Lips, is that a Basquiat?

Vcavallo

i'd say.

about the basquiat

Chomas

"whst else did buzz tell you?  did you have any more questions for him?"

:lol:

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

aphexjim

I think the black ones with the skull tipped toes are pretty cool......... I've had several people comment on em without any knowledge of the band - plus they're very comfortable (1st pair of sneakers I've bought in about 8 years - haha)

mopa - keep an eye out on ebay - I got mine for $110(AU)

mopafeena

Quote from: aphexjim on May 01, 2006, 08:42:37 PM

mopa - keep an eye out on ebay - I got mine for $110(AU)

will do. but that's still a bit steep for me. I'm a cheap bastard.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Pultz12

Yeah I completely agree that the Melvins Nike shoes are just amazing. I had such an amazing experience with it. In fact now I was just thinking to invest in Nike workout leggings as well as tank tops for my Zumba classes. It is hard to find any sale offers right now. Is there any upcoming sale?

meezer

Quote from: Pultz12 on April 20, 2018, 05:13:49 AM
Yeah I completely agree that the Melvins Nike shoes are just amazing. I had such an amazing experience with it. In fact now I was just thinking to invest in Nike workout leggings as well as tank tops for my Zumba classes. It is hard to find any sale offers right now. Is there any upcoming sale?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Vcavallo

Quote from: Chomas on April 30, 2006, 09:11:30 PM
"whst else did buzz tell you?  did you have any more questions for him?"

Lol I forgot what cunts you all were about this.