Post your Melvins collection

Started by Chuck Hartford, June 05, 2006, 01:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vcavallo

Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

(PAUL)

When did that come out? I think it said on an old Melvins website (MelvinsLand) that it's just a sample from Pure Digital Silence.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Mesteren

On one of the other of these Slap A Ham 'Bllleeeaaauuurrrggghhh' comps there is a band called Mork Hotel. That's actually Dale Crover fooling around in the studio.
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Idlehanz

I got bored tonight.
It's not much, but there will be more.
I just found the records the other day, I've been searching for more than a week, thought I'd lost them....

I forgot Neither Here Nor There and the Trick n Riddle book.....

Cd's n tapes not included..

5w33t 1ntu1t10n

*Grow Thy Beard )))((( it shall be the wild forrests of thine Kingdom and unto all shall bring great peace and prosperity throughout the land as was told the prophecy*

Idlehanz

Quote from: Sweet Intuition on December 09, 2006, 02:41:28 AM
:shock: Impressive...

thanks....not quite what some others have, but I'm adding more.....

anaconda

you look very dedicated! I see 1st editions, Kozik's etc.. nice

Idlehanz

Quote from: anaconda on December 09, 2006, 01:23:32 PM
you look very dedicated! I see 1st editions, Kozik's etc.. nice

Thanks....I'm getting into the posters more and more.  There is some beautiful stuff out there that needs to be hanging on my walls :)

al27

Well, I don't have my collection in picture form, so I'll just list it in alphabetical order by album, since thats how it is arranged on my iPod:

(A) Senile Animal
Bullhead
Eggnog
Gluey Porch Treatments
Houdini
Lysol
Ozma
Stoner Witch
The Bootlicker
The Maggot

I suppose in the wake of the superfan collections mine seems pretty sparse.

They're still my second favorite band (Ramones #1!), even if I don't have everything they've ever put out.

-al27

Idlehanz

Quote from: al27 on December 10, 2006, 10:13:37 PM

They're still my second favorite band (Ramones #1!), even if I don't have everything they've ever put out.

I think it would be next to impossible to get everything Melvins related.....or at least damn expensive.

al27

Yeah, aside from being the best metal band ever (in my opinion anyway, but in my opinion, if you take away "War Pigs" "Iron Man" and "Paranoid" from Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" album and you get a gloomy sounding hippie record), the Melvins are extremely prolific.

I mean, I haven't even heard of half the stuff I've been seeing in those photos!  What,  do these guys release something every month?

Thank goodness for Amazon.com too, otherwise my collection would shrink down to Houdini, Stoner Witch, Bullhead, and (A) Senile Animal.

And while I feel like ranting, why are Ipecac albums so expensive, I haven't been able to buy a Melvins album on that label for under $15!

-al27

MailOrderBride

ooh can someone post a large quality jpeg of the stag lp cover? i want to get some ink of the flower, but i prefer the album version to the cd version. i used to have a ton of stuff but my house burned down in 2001. i have re bought everything i have on cd though...still dont even have a record player so no vinyl. used to have tora tora tora and everything...pointless but the book was cool.
i have all their cds except for prick and live at the fucker club. no point in dragging them out and taking pictures. you've seen them. but hey why is it that your choice live sound quality is way better than their own two live albums? hell it sounds better than ozma production wise.

MailOrderBride