Post your Melvins collection

Started by Chuck Hartford, June 05, 2006, 01:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGH

Quote from: al27 on December 10, 2006, 10:39:41 PM
(in my opinion anyway, but in my opinion, if you take away "War Pigs" "Iron Man" and "Paranoid" from Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" album and you get a gloomy sounding hippie record),

Jack the Stripper? Electric Funeral? Rat Salad? Those are metal songs, son. Well, for the early seventies they were Metal.
This isn't a time for lectures!

al27

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I think "Paranoid" is one of the most overrated albums ever.  In my eyes, Black Sabbath turned into a pot band after I heard the whole thing.

I'm not saying they're a bad band or anything like that, I certainly understand and respect their influence on the world of music, but I really thought there was enjoyable music on that album other than the three songs you hear on classic rock radio all the time.  Maybe the album just aged really bad, I imagine it all would have sounded cooler back in the day.

Though I do love Deep Purple's "Machine Head."  That's an early metal album, right?  Either way, I'm surprised how good the non-radio tracks are on that album, considering they have to stand up against Smoke on the Water and Highway Star.

-al27

TGH

Quote from: al27 on December 11, 2006, 06:57:23 PM
I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I think "Paranoid" is one of the most overrated albums ever.  In my eyes, Black Sabbath turned into a pot band after I heard the whole thing.

You shouldn't get flamed. Anyone who says Paranoid is Sabbath's best work is an idiot. It's all about Vol. 4. That or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

norecess

Quote from: TGH on December 11, 2006, 11:46:17 PM

You shouldn't get flamed. Anyone who says Paranoid is Sabbath's best work is an idiot. It's all about Vol. 4. That or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

You forgot Master of Reality and Sabotage.

I can't flame you yet al27, until you've explained what you exactly mean by overrating and what you're expectations of the album were before you got to listen to it.

MailOrderBride

I'm not saying they're a bad band or anything like that, I certainly understand and respect their influence on the world of music, but I really thought there was enjoyable music on that album other than the three songs you hear on classic rock radio all the time.  Maybe the album just aged really bad, I imagine it all would have sounded cooler back in the day.

Though I do love Deep Purple's "Machine Head."  That's an early metal album, right?  Either way, I'm surprised how good the non-radio tracks are on that album, considering they have to stand up against Smoke on the Water and Highway Star.

-al27

From a production stand point, Paranoid is flawless. From a cultural stand point, none of use would be here if it weren't for this record. From a musical stand point, the shit is genius. No choruses, and just launching into a different song midway into the composition. And heavy, man. No one was doing this. Paranoid is one of the only albums I own (I own about 1200) that I really wouldn't mind listening all of any day of the year.

A lot of people say that Black Sabbath are Satananic. How can a band worship the devil when their guitarist is God, man?

norecess

Quote from: MailOrderBride on December 17, 2006, 10:23:37 AM
A lot of people say that Black Sabbath are Satananic. How can a band worship the devil when their guitarist is God, man?

I presume most people have no idea what the devil really means, and the same goes for God, unfortunately.

TGH

Quote from: MailOrderBride on December 17, 2006, 10:23:37 AM

Vol. 4 is a Christian as fuck album.  :-$

Hog log

i do own drumb too ...

*is overjoyed*

Idlehanz

mopafeena

Very very nice!

I like the flipper one a lot.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

CaptainPungent

to get off topic, satanism is pretty funny.
to be satanic, you have to believe that all of the things in the bible are true
i once dated a "satanist" (heh, she was a freshman!  hilarious)
what's even funnier is that she didn't believe in the things in the bible
that goes against what satanism is.
to be satanic you have to accept what happened in the bible as true, or satan isn't real.

those satanists!

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: CaptainPungent on January 13, 2007, 09:47:59 AM
to be satanic you have to accept what happened in the bible as true, or satan isn't real.

those satanists!
Actually your satanist girlfriend is correct, Satanists don't believe in the bible.  Your information about them is completely incorrect.

Nice collection idlehanz!!!
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

CaptainPungent

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 13, 2007, 09:55:27 AM

those satanists!
Actually your satanist girlfriend is correct, Satanists don't believe in the bible.  Your information about them is completely incorrect.

no
you're incorrect, i believe.
or confused.
they might not agree with it, but they have to believe parts to be true.
they believe in satan, and satan is in the bible.
that's about the only way they are able to follow him.
it would be incorrect for them to believe the bible to be completely untrue and made up
if that's the case, there would be no satan.
that's the first written thing about lucifer or the devil that they follow
right?

i've even heard other philosophers talking about this same subject and are on my side of it.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: CaptainPungent on January 14, 2007, 02:06:04 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 13, 2007, 09:55:27 AM

those satanists!

no
you're incorrect, i believe.
or confused.
they might not agree with it, but they have to believe parts to be true.
they believe in satan, and satan is in the bible.
that's about the only way they are able to follow him.
it would be incorrect for them to believe the bible to be completely untrue and made up
if that's the case, there would be no satan.
that's the first written thing about lucifer or the devil that they follow
right?

i've even heard other philosophers talking about this same subject and are on my side of it.
I'll bet money you are incorrect.  They do not believe in Satan.   Contact the COS, and they'll confirm what I'm saying.  There's no use discussing this anymore until you actually contact them.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus