Post your Melvins collection

Started by Chuck Hartford, June 05, 2006, 01:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FartLips

Quote from: )))((( on May 11, 2012, 03:20:55 PM
Quote from: jules on May 11, 2012, 03:13:57 PM
Quote from: )))((( on May 11, 2012, 03:11:04 PM
I wouldn't throw the CD but the packaging? Hell yes.
Jesus, you've made me turgid. You're the hardcoriest bloke I've not quite met yet. You won't throw away the packaging. You'll donate it to a good cause. An underprivileged child will become a great artist one day because of your kind donation.
:lol: :lol:

I know it's hard to defend right, i can accept that. Im not like that JUST with Melvins tho but with EVERYTHING in my life. Im down to pretty much ONLY essentials. Clothes i allow myself to get a bit more cared away with but little else. I own next to no stuff really. I could put most of my belongings in a small car boot with space to spare. Even photos i have very little of. I don't like clutter, im a stickler for order (like Virgo's tend to be apparently) and i always feel that having very little gives me a good sense of control over my own life. It's very freeing i discovered this in 2000 and never looked back. I must sound like such a boring bugger tho. Doesn't drive, doesn't drink or do drugs, doesn't have a mobile phone, owns hardly any Melvins and very little other stuff either. I do own approx 13 pairs of underwear tho if that's of any interest at all!!  :lol:

Oh hell i shouldn't have said that should i?  :?
no you shouldn't have.

i'm unloading my shit too. i as well are a bit over the melvins for various reasons.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

(((O)))

Quote from: zippy on May 11, 2012, 03:11:20 PM
whats the purple and yellow one with crwons?
Stag. Does yours look different?

(PAUL)

Which one's the one with the US on it? And I take it the In God We Rust one is the Jello Biafra one? All the others I'm familiar with.

Dude you got rid of Bullhead? Really??? That just makes me sad  :(
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

(((O)))

Quote from: (PAUL) on May 11, 2012, 04:51:47 PM
Which one's the one with the US on it? And I take it the In God We Rust one is the Jello Biafra one?
(A)SA. Is yours different? Yes the other is the Jello one.

jules

(((O)))

Quote from: jules on May 11, 2012, 05:00:16 PM
Quote from: )))((( on May 11, 2012, 04:59:09 PM
Is yours different?
Yes. His has a sleeve.

Tcoh!
:lol:
I asked for that didn't i?

Are our UK (or European) editions slightly different do you think?

(PAUL)

Quote from: )))((( on May 11, 2012, 04:59:09 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on May 11, 2012, 04:51:47 PM
Which one's the one with the US on it? And I take it the In God We Rust one is the Jello Biafra one?
(A)SA. Is yours different? Yes the other is the Jello one.

I'll have to check, that was the only one I was unsure about.
Hail, not fail.

zippy

I didnt find Stag anywhere when it came out so I'venever seen it before  Thx

FartLips

i had stag but my dog ate it. no really!!!
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

(PAUL)

Quote from: FartLips on May 11, 2012, 09:00:20 PM
i had stag but my dog ate it. no really!!!

My dog's eaten cd's too, the jerk. Oh, I checked on A Senile Animal, it's the same.
Hail, not fail.

Illusionator

Quote from: jules on May 11, 2012, 02:53:37 PM
That's fucking gorgeous! You're the Jackson Pollock of Melvins fans. I love you.

More Kandinski surely, but Ian man you have made my afternoon with your mentalness dedication

(((O)))

Quote from: Illusionator on May 16, 2012, 10:22:27 AM
Quote from: jules on May 11, 2012, 02:53:37 PM
That's fucking gorgeous! You're the Jackson Pollock of Melvins fans. I love you.

More Kandinski surely, but Ian man you have made my afternoon with your mentalness dedication
Oh no it's definitely mentalness.  :)

I feel like i should say a bit more about that. Basically i used to keep all the cases and art like normal folk for all my CD's. Thing is im one of those people who can't stand to have things be different. Lets say for example that i was a subscriber to a magazine. If i collected each magazine and then after so many they changed the font or layout or the spine colour so that it didn't match all the others, that sort of thing really gets at me. It was the same with albums. Some jewel case, some card. But mainly it was because over the years it always used to niggle me that the new albums i brought all looked perfect and pristine whilst the older ones looked scuffed or faded, a bit old looking. You know the plastic gets scratched and generally kinda worn. It's really depressing in a way. I started getting rid of the cases and just keeping the disks themselves for the albums or bands i wasn't overly fussed by. Over time i was so comfortable with this that it felt right to do so with ALL of them. I mean, i admit im also REALLY awkward when it comes to album art too! If a cover doesn't look great to me i just can't bare to see it, especially if it's for a band i really love. Getting rid of stuff just suits me. My brother hates it tho and often when i tell him i've brought a new album he'll immediately reply with "are you gonna throw it away?" and then shake his head.  :lol:

I probably need counselling.

(PAUL)

So a fan of National Geographic then.
Hail, not fail.

FartLips