Post your Melvins collection

Started by Chuck Hartford, June 05, 2006, 01:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

vaporInhaler

Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 21, 2015, 03:51:43 PM
My Melvins 45 box and it's contents...

I've got the same rickety old 7" storage box full of my Melvins.  Decided to take a pic of my collection today and its bigger than I thought.  Tried attaching but file is too large...
I have no idea who Glen is...

grow what you smoke

vaporInhaler

grow what you smoke

vaporInhaler

grow what you smoke

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Dan_Halen

Dude found the same vintage 45 box I did,nice!

...and you will know the apocalypse is upon us when you see the 9 Clowns!!!

Los ticka toe rest

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 22, 2015, 07:22:54 PM

...and you will know the meezer-pocalypse is upon us when you see DC's ass!!!
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

meezer

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 22, 2015, 07:39:51 PM

...and you will know the meezer-pocalypse is upon us when you see DC's ass!!!
That was the plan.  :evil:
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Stonergrunge

Dan, hey that was fast you already have the last two clowns. A couple of questions:

- Could you listen to the "Hamburger Lady" flexi disc properly? I'm a little concern about that since I only have one flexi disc at home and the tonearm starts to jump every time I try to play it.

- How similar is "Subhuman" to the original version?
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Dan_Halen

Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 23, 2015, 12:30:30 PM

Dan, hey that was fast you already have the last two clowns. A couple of questions:

- Could you listen to the "Hamburger Lady" flexi disc properly? I'm a little concern about that since I only have one flexi disc at home and the tonearm starts to jump every time I try to play it.

- How similar is "Subhuman" to the original version?

Well it's hard to compare the two versions because Buzz plays it in an entirely different key than Throbbing Gristle did. If anything I would say the Melvins version is more blues influenced and Throbbing Gristle is more traditional country.

But honestly I never listened to Throbbing Gristle until this post now and as I hear the songs this is my reaction: "Damn I thought Buzz was doing weird versions of an indi rock band's songs but not that I hear the originals they made the Melvin's weirdness sound like top 40 singles. lol they are very different, flexi sounds fine
Los ticka toe rest

jules

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

jules

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on June 24, 2016, 06:21:10 PM
I haven't even got of my ass to get a copy of this yet.  :facepalm:
:lol:   Considering how many are around, I'm surprised we don't see them more often. Nobody talks about them on here. There's one coming your way, I hope you're not fussy about the colour........

homeless_dad

Quote from: jules on June 24, 2016, 06:34:06 PM
:lol:   Considering how many are around, I'm surprised we don't see them more often. Nobody talks about them on here. There's one coming your way, I hope you're not fussy about the colour........
I have a 12" version. I think it's on black vinyl.  I didn't realize that there were so many versions.

And nice hospitality, Jules!
Is Ian back yet??

brian

Quote from: jules on June 24, 2016, 06:34:06 PM
I have the 12" too, forgot the 7" even exists actually, great collection Jules!