Killer Melvins guitar reefs

Started by Michael Jordan, August 11, 2006, 10:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klump

Quote from: CaptainPungent on August 13, 2006, 08:23:36 AM
Quote from: Mad Arab on August 12, 2006, 11:08:48 AM
Man, there is all sorts. "Larry" is a cool song to figure out. Ditto "The Bit". Perhaps "June Bug" or "Queen" ?
june bug is my favorite song that mark d. influenced and played on.
the bass is so fucking heavy.

Buzz plays bass on that one :)

Dr Geek

Quote from: klump on August 13, 2006, 04:11:58 PM
Man, there is all sorts. "Larry" is a cool song to figure out. Ditto "The Bit". Perhaps "June Bug" or "Queen" ?

How did you find that out? I know from the liner notes that everybody played guitar and bass, but I have no idea who did what.

Mad Arab

Quote from: Dr Geek on August 13, 2006, 04:28:41 PM
Quote from: klump on August 13, 2006, 04:11:58 PM

How did you find that out? I know from the liner notes that everybody played guitar and bass, but I have no idea who did what.

Dr. Geek, if you ever saw the Melvins live during the time Stoner Witch was released Buzz and Mark switched instruments on that particular song. So it does not seem unreasonable that they did this in the studio as well.

Also on the song "Cottonmouth", from the album Stag, Dale sings, plays the guitar and bass drum at the same time when Cottonmouth was performed live. Kind of cool isn't it? Opens up a lot of possibilities when you are versatile.

Fast and Bulbous

didlisquat

There are reefs in the ocean called melvins that are shaped like guitars and kill. Damn, everything melvins is a bad ass.
Now the cover to the album is starting to make sense.
I hope they have a picture of the killer reefs on the inside art.
sorry, had to be a smart ass on this one.
when man's only distant relative
has descended on his own
you will know

anaconda

Without question, the first 4 minutes of In the Freaktose... from Honky,  that has tons of killer rifts

didlisquat

All of H.A.T.. My favorite album of all time. Just decided that this second. This thing creeps into my backbone more every listen. Fucking killing it.
when man's only distant relative
has descended on his own
you will know

mopafeena

www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Michael Jordan

yeah, yeah, I know it's riffs and not reefs...  was very very stoned when I was starting the thread and couldn't be fucked changing it afterwards...   besides, I'm sure u can find a reef somewhere which looks like the melvins, or at least like buzz's hair...   If I ever find a secret surf spot with a reef bottom I promise I'll name it the melvins.
Why say no to drugs when you can say yes?

mopafeena

CaptainPungent

mopafeena

TJP