carol

black stallion

best live album ever...you can tell the guy knew how to record a live show
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

meezer

Quote from: black stallion on September 20, 2014, 06:14:53 AM
best live album ever...you can tell the guy knew how to record a live show
I'm guessing that's Tobby Holzinger.

It's the only name on the entire CD package.

I could check the Steel Pole Bath Tub or Shudder To Think discs, or wiki,
but I'm lazy.  :P
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

ZILLA

What a killer set! Eye Flys Buzz is a guitar GOD!
########################################################################################################

homeless_dad

One of my first Melvins purchases. Still the best version of Heater Moves leading into At A Crawl. Fell in love with Dale's drumming with those songs.

If I remember correctly it's miss labeled on the album as Heather moves and eyes.
Is Ian back yet??

ZILLA

I recently found a vinyl pressing of this at a flea market. I just kept saying "This shouldn't be here..."
########################################################################################################

the bloat

....Germany....we are here to rock your pants!

homeless_dad

Quote from: the bloat on January 06, 2016, 11:41:45 PM
....Germany....we are here to rock your pants!
You guys like Hogan's Heroes??
Is Ian back yet??

black stallion

goldennuggetrecordings

yeah i still cant get over how killer this album is. this is easily the BEST album before eggnog sound wise. i cant believe buzz doesnt care for it. does he realize this is the ONLY gateway to the past for those of us who werent alive for this era?

this is the ONLY album of the lori era aside from eggnog that doesnt sound like dog shit to me. i love the songs in the dogshit albums of course, but the quality of this even surpasses bullhead and they not only didnt PAY for it, the got PAID for it! this to me seems like the melvins greatest achievement as a band they should be proud as fuck for this one! im gonna give buzz a piece of my mind in may hahaha

seriously this album is almost as good as the sound of eggnog (which to me is the holy grail) and possibly better that lysol. the kick in lysol is the holy grail and this/eggnog is the holy grail for the rest. it has the raw sound but theres not flaws. like flawless rawness. you cant top that! well i guess you could if lysols kick was in this and eggnog and eggnog/this snare was in lysol. then release the three as a single release like they did and it would be the greatest release in history as far as im concerned.

black stallion