Melvins Wiki

Started by brian, October 09, 2006, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bUTTHOLEmAN

Could we get a link to the wiki from the main themelvins.net page?  Or is it not ready yet?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

brian

Thanks I've updated the wiki so that you have to log in to edit, and users have to answer a simple math question to create an account.  I've also set up the spamblacklist extension. Hopefully the spam stops or at least largely decreases. If it does over the next month, I'll post a link to it on the main page of the site.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Eponymous

brian

this seems to be going good after the patches were installed, i'll set some time aside this weekend to evaluate. i'd like to get the discography more fleshed out just by importing the stuff already in the existing html based discography if anyone is interested in being my wing man on this over the upcoming months...

Eponymous

Quote from: brian on July 03, 2007, 11:57:46 PM
this seems to be going good after the patches were installed, i'll set some time aside this weekend to evaluate. i'd like to get the discography more fleshed out just by importing the stuff already in the existing html based discography if anyone is interested in being my wing man on this over the upcoming months...

Yeah, I'll help out when I can. I did a bunch of that stuff initially, but then got snowed under at work. When the onslaught dissipates I'll do more. Feel free to PM me specific areas you want to focus on.

brian

Quote from: Eponymous on July 18, 2007, 07:23:32 PM
Quote from: brian on July 03, 2007, 11:57:46 PM

Yeah, I'll help out when I can. I did a bunch of that stuff initially, but then got snowed under at work. When the onslaught dissipates I'll do more. Feel free to PM me specific areas you want to focus on.

Thanks Mark, our good friend Steve and myself pretty much brought the discography up to the point I was hoping for so I brought that into the foreground on the main page as well. As the summer goes on I'd like to migrate all things lyrics and guitar tabs related to the wiki. I know you've done a lot of work with this already. I'm going to try to write up a simple tutorial and make a post in the lyrics forum in the upcoming weeks so that others can contribute. Eventually the main page of the site will be even more 'blog-like' in nature and all links to any other areas of the site will be to different parts of the wiki.

Thanks again for any help.

GrimReaper

Can anyone make a Wiki post?

What if I post a bunch of pictures from Photobucket and the account is cancelled? Does the Wiki lose the pictures?

brian

brother grim, please ask permission to use the photos and then upload them to the wiki, that way we will have them forever, all have the ability to post on the wiki once they create a username

Helen83

I was at the Auckland show in 97 and I'm 99.99% sure it wasn't at the Powerstation? They started that show with Hag and it was...........DEVASTATING!!!

Fureon Nectarmoon

Um, Brian? I asked for an account, and you responded, but after I told you what I'd like my username and password to be, you never replied.
What am I doing wrong :?:

brian

Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on January 04, 2013, 07:12:34 PM
Um, Brian? I asked for an account, and you responded, but after I told you what I'd like my username and password to be, you never replied.
What am I doing wrong :?:
sent you an e-mail, sorry for the delay...

Yanayaya

Quote from: Helen83 on October 17, 2012, 04:44:53 PM
I was at the Auckland show in 97 and I'm 99.99% sure it wasn't at the Powerstation? They started that show with Hag and it was...........DEVASTATING!!!

That's a great adjective for a lot of Melvins shows I've seen.  Thanks!!
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

Hot Pants

browsing the wiki, I noticed that Joe Preston's page is a bit light on content. I would've edited, but it's locked (which im sure is a good idea).

found this list on Wikipedia if someone wants to do a quick cut/paste job.

Salad of a Thousand Delights VHS (1991 Box Dog Video)
Lysol CD/LP (1992 Boner Records)
"Night Goat" single (1992 Amphetamine Reptile Records)
Joe Preston CD/EP (1992 Boner Records)
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Godflesh

Every other version of TBSM vinyl is in Melvins Wiki, even the new art version, so I thought someone should add the green-backed scream version of TBSM to the Melvins Wiki beside this regular orange scream entry:

http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=File:TBSM-LimitedVinyl.jpg

You know, the version Haze printed for himself and which has been on display in the Slowboy 'Aural...' show. There are photos in Discogs that can be used in Melvins Wiki also.
http://www.discogs.com/Melvins-The-Bride-Screamed-Murder/release/5269670
--- Heavy user ---