Author Topic: DOD Buzz Box  (Read 9503 times)

Offline Andy

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
    • View Profile
    • last.fm page
DOD Buzz Box
« on: January 21, 2004, 12:48:05 PM »
This may well have been done already, but I am now the proud owner of a Buzz Box! When it arrives anyway.
For your health!

spiderman

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 01:05:40 PM »
i guess it's ok for a collectors item  or whatever but as a pedal, judging by everyone's opinion it's just shit

zium

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 02:45:55 PM »
i bought one a few months ago, it's fun to screw around with, but other than that it's useless. I bought mine for 50 euros

Anonymous

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 04:22:00 AM »
why buy a buzzbox?? it sucks! get a blue box, its the real thing! :)

Anonymous

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 09:03:58 AM »
the buzz box is fun but you can't take credit for anything coolthat it does cause it's just the buzz box doing it's thing (you can get a really good distortion out of it though if you set it right).  The blue box is good but my only complaint is that it's very quiet (at least mine is it could have been damaged over the years) so I have to turn up to get the good sounds but then when I switch it off due to the true bypass (which is really very nice) its really loud.

lightbulb

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 11:14:34 AM »
i got a good idea.  buy a boss or a more well known pedal instead of spending a bunch of money for a crappy buzz box that sounds bad.

eddie

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 12:27:55 PM »
yeah, dod pedals suck

leroy

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2004, 03:58:20 PM »
yeah from what i heard most DOD pedals are not that good.  I think my friend had a Death Metal DOD pedal and he didn't like it much, so he ended up selling it.

turnacuss

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2004, 09:30:30 PM »
I used the buzz box the other day to create some hellatious bass noise. success.

Anonymous

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2004, 09:13:42 AM »
i got one, finally.  paid nearly $100 for it.  i knew it sucked, which is exactly why i bought it.  i do a lot of harsh noise stuff, and fuckin a, it's absoultely essential to my setup.  you can get some of the sickest and most bizzare frequency changes out of this sucker.  i love it.

alnis

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 12:06:40 PM »
DOD pedals suck. When I'm working my chops I want a pedal that really brings out the tone of my 1965 Gibson Les Paul Custom, which I run through a 1971 Marshell Tube amp. It's the only way my riff's sound rock and roll enough. In fact, I only settle for thousand dollar rack effects. Or at the very least, REAL foot pedels like the kind that BOSS makes. Or any other brand of pedal that my cool music friends like.

DOD pedals are just too noisy.

turnacuss

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 12:16:01 PM »
Quote from: Anonymous
i got one, finally.  paid nearly $100 for it.  i knew it sucked, which is exactly why i bought it.  i do a lot of harsh noise stuff, and fuckin a, it's absoultely essential to my setup.  you can get some of the sickest and most bizzare frequency changes out of this sucker.  i love it.

Amen dude, the noise i got out of it was amazing.

Offline Andy

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
    • View Profile
    • last.fm page
DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 06:39:12 PM »
Exactly. I thought the whole point was for it to sound hideous. DOD pedals aren't bad for the price but the footswitches are shitty.
For your health!

beee

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2004, 06:19:22 AM »
i got mine for 30 $
it's worth 30 $ not 100 $ :)

my setup is guitar -> boss overdrive/distortion os/2 (really nice) -> dod buzz box -> KORG flanger -> amp.

Its really fun to switch them all. Os2 dist to the max, heavy on buzz box to the max, and you get constat buzzing noise, so you can fuck with it using flanger. The sound is just amazing if you also turn the amp distortion on, it sounds like a moving tank from ww2 :D

turnacuss

DOD Buzz Box
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2004, 10:53:26 PM »
i have a dod grunge box right now, and that gets some sweet feedback. oh how i yearn to run that and the buzz box together.