a canadian on the edge of tears

Started by ManWithNoName, December 13, 2006, 01:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManWithNoName

In order to avoid working on finals I started digging through the wiki tour archive and noticed that the last time the melvins played a series of dates in canada was 6 years ago(2x4 tour). They've played a hanful of dates in canada since (most of which have been in vancouver).

Do the melvins hate canada? :(

I know the cry baby "why don't the melvins play X?" threads are lame but isn't this kind of strange? In the past 3 months the melvins have played a FUCKTON of dates all over the states and didn't cross the border(except for vancouver). If they can drive all over the states they can cross the border, no?

I remember hearing/reading somewhere that crossing the border was a pain in the ass what with the taxes and all that. Regardless, a fuckton of bands do it (fantomas played a show in montreal I think was 2 years ago).

So what's the deal? Are we canucks doomed?

norecess

Others will probably be able to answer your question, or give you an idea, better, but as for Fantomas, that's totally Pattons thing, and has nothing do with Melvins. They even opened for Korn in Iceland, for the money of course...

ManWithNoName

Oh I know fantomas is patton's thing. I'm just saying if fantomas can draw up a crowd up here I don't see why the melvins wouldn't be able to aswell.

norecess

Quote from: ManWithNoName on December 13, 2006, 02:00:27 PM
Oh I know fantomas is patton's thing. I'm just saying if fantomas can draw up a crowd up here I don't see why the melvins wouldn't be able to aswell.

I see what you mean, and also understood what you meant with Fantomas in your first post. The Melvins sure would draw an audience there, of course they would. And like you said, it's also just a matter of crossing the border. So it's probably something else.

tommyhc

IF they would play here I would be there no matter what..  and I'm sure many more would follow.

If only.

fucking Canada .............   eh
Would a basket of maple syrup entice them

Oh ya and 2 years ago I saw that Fantomas show your referring to but in Toronto not Montreal..   Was with the Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant and The Locust. Good stuff...  got the ball rolling for me (musically).

bUTTHOLEmAN

If you like Patton, you're on the idiot meter!
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

tommyhc

I'm aware of that man's opinion on Patton's Material.
Does it change my feelings toward's his music?     hell no.

spunkmonkey

QuoteIf you like Patton, you're on the idiot meter!

Um, no.

bUTTHOLEmAN

What I don't get is, why can Americans talk alright, but Canucks talk like puppets?

EXAMPLE ONE
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

tommyhc

Quote from: norecess on December 13, 2006, 04:05:41 PM
EXAMPLE TWO

For my final project this semester I had to make a 20$ bill (Canadian) featuring some1 who won the Governor Generals Award in Arts.. 

I ended up with Neil Young.

Now to counterfeit some real cash.  <--sarcasm you damn government spying on me

tommyhc

Or maybe I'll make a Melvins million dollar bill and post in on the Melvins wealthy thread, that would amuse me.

rimb

^ Nice design there Tommy.

As for the Canada thing, I got the impression that they got a lot of grief when trying to enter Canada, not necessarily related to taxes.

brian

Quote from: ManWithNoName on December 13, 2006, 01:37:31 PM
In order to avoid working on finals I started digging through the wiki tour archive and noticed that the last time the melvins played a series of dates in canada was 6 years ago(2x4 tour). They've played a hanful of dates in canada since (most of which have been in vancouver).

Do the melvins hate canada? :(

I know the cry baby "why don't the melvins play X?" threads are lame but isn't this kind of strange? In the past 3 months the melvins have played a FUCKTON of dates all over the states and didn't cross the border(except for vancouver). If they can drive all over the states they can cross the border, no?

I remember hearing/reading somewhere that crossing the border was a pain in the ass what with the taxes and all that. Regardless, a fuckton of bands do it (fantomas played a show in montreal I think was 2 years ago).

So what's the deal? Are we canucks doomed?

your local venue isn't giving the melvins a good offer or any one at all when they go out on their north american tour, if they get a good offer from a venue(like in vancouver) and it fits their tour schedule then they will play there.  bottom line, talk to the bookers of your local venue the next time a melvins tour rears its ugly head and suggest it.

tommyhc

Quote from: rimb_38 on December 13, 2006, 05:00:16 PM
^ Nice design there Tommy.

As for the Canada thing, I got the impression that they got a lot of grief when trying to enter Canada, not necessarily related to taxes.

Thanks man.
and yea...  lets make them an offer they can't refuse.
Sacrifice a virgin.