Melvins/Boris/Pelican Stubb's BBQ 3-15 2007

Started by sinuendo, January 26, 2007, 01:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead Cowboy

Scoins fucking own! I would sell out for 35+ miles to the gallon.

Vcavallo

Quote from: brian on February 22, 2007, 01:32:17 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on February 22, 2007, 11:15:50 AM
i like the poster but the ads all over it kinda turn me off.  i don't ever want to see melvins and scion on the same page, and melvins+vice disturbs even further.

Explain to me what these two entities represent, and thusly why they're a problem. I've never heard of either to the best of my recollection.

as Guts said, "very hip they are". 
Vice magazine is hipster trash and the owner is a white supremacist
i don't really have a problem with Scions so much. 
i just don't like the idea of a poster artist being forced to include sponsor's ads on their art.  it's similar to how the melvins don't want that PARENT WARNING slapped on the front of their beautiful covers.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Vcavallo on February 22, 2007, 06:21:59 PM
i like the poster but the ads all over it kinda turn me off.  i don't ever want to see melvins and scion on the same page, and melvins+vice disturbs even further.

Explain to me what these two entities represent, and thusly why they're a problem. I've never heard of either to the best of my recollection.

i just don't like the idea of a poster artist being forced to include sponsor's ads on their art.  it's similar to how the melvins don't want that PARENT WARNING slapped on the front of their beautiful covers.
Considering it's a free show, I think it's alright to see corporate big businesses pay the tab for people to see the melvins + others.  It's a poster commisioned by scion and vice, so they're at least going to put their names on advertising.
I agree with your sentiment, but I think it's far from true that Hampton was forced to put the logos on the poster.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

anaconda

Everyone has a logo these days. C'mon Vinny it's fun.
I also like how the Artist put his stylized Zorro 'H'
on there as well. You do nice graphic work Mr 'H'ampton.

This topic has the most detailed representation of the poster
by the way, the other 3 threads show earlier versions.

Vcavallo

i understand it entirely and it's probably fine.  it just creeps me out a little to see "melvins" right next to "vice".  it creeps me out in the same way as when i see someone i respect and care about _reading_ the thing.  but the melvins should do what is best for the melvins, not what some loony like me thinks.  same applies to anyone i see reading vice.  where do i get off?
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Androol

YEAH!!! YEAH!!!!
FUCK YEAH!!!!

and this is free?!?!

FUCK YEAH!! FUCK YEAH!!!!

i cant believe its true that was too easy! just rsvp and thats it?!

FUCK YEAH!!! FUCK YEAH!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!

Androol

holy fuckin shit i was sweatin about nuthin!

this is seriously the greatest moment ive had in a long while.

RichieGoodtimes

Quote from: Vcavallo on February 22, 2007, 06:21:59 PM

Welcome to the real world. Us professional artist type people are 'forced' to do shit we don't want to do all the time. It's called work. When there's money involved it's not happy fun do whatever we want fuck around time. We gots to get paid. Your misguided idealism is cute.

FREE SHOW. Thank you Scion. Thank you Vice. You're welcome Vcavallo.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Hay Richie, are you planning on selling the san diego melvins poster?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

norecess

Quote from: RichieGoodtimes on February 26, 2007, 09:36:01 AM
Us professional artist type people are 'forced' to do shit we don't want to do all the time. It's called work. When there's money involved it's not happy fun do whatever we want fuck around time. We gots to get paid. Your misguided idealism is cute.

You sound bittered, Richie. Did Tim say anything mean to you when he was drunk?

Dead Cowboy

ok roll call... whos showing up? I will be there, along with fuzz bass. anyone else?

jgarver

Quote from: Dead Cowboy on March 02, 2007, 11:36:57 PM
ok roll call... whos showing up? I will be there, along with fuzz bass. anyone else?
I just bought my plane ticket, and I have reservations at Crowne Plaza Hotel. So, it looks like I will be there.
quod erat demonstrandum.

5w33t 1ntu1t10n

Hell Yeah!  Party at the Crown Plaza!!!!!

*Grow Thy Beard )))((( it shall be the wild forrests of thine Kingdom and unto all shall bring great peace and prosperity throughout the land as was told the prophecy*

jgarver

Quote from: Sweet Intuition on March 03, 2007, 12:54:20 AM
Hell Yeah!  Party at the Crown Plaza!!!!!

Anyone is welcome to stop by after the show for a drink. That is assuming they have a nice bar.
quod erat demonstrandum.