Crystal Fairy! New Band w/ Buzz, Dale, Teri Gender Bender & Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Started by vince furnier, October 04, 2016, 08:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Quote from: Oscar on March 01, 2017, 09:26:19 AM
Hell, it's even partly recorded by Toshi

you said partly? was just trying to give a second possibility to this album and one of my thoughts was it seems to have a better production than Melvins recent stuff (AWWLAD and possibly the Dale solo album too). especially the guitar. on a related note,  this album is better than what i thought
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

GrimReaper

Her vocals make CF such a special album.

Hard to believe the CF release isn't even a year old yet.

))))((((

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: ))))(((( on December 20, 2017, 05:28:35 AM
I wonder if there will ever be a follow-up release.

It'll come out the same week as the second Shrinebuilder album.

John Schuller

I am willing to bet there will be no more Crystal Fairy. Omar bailing on that tour last minute would certainly let Buzz know that he cannot be counted on. Buzz ain't fucking around with that shit post-Kevin.

aeustin

Quote from: sadcorps on December 20, 2017, 03:10:30 PM
I am willing to bet there will be no more Crystal Fairy. Omar bailing on that tour last minute would certainly let Buzz know that he cannot be counted on. Buzz ain't fucking around with that shit post-Kevin.
As if he couldn't bring Steve along instead.
Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie

Bigval

I think you'll find Omar got a better offer for the same time period (ATD-I tour w/ Le Butcherettes supporting).

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: Bigval on December 20, 2017, 06:49:47 PM

I think you'll find Omar got a better offer for the same time period (ATD-I tour w/ Le Butcherettes supporting).

This. Plus if it's true they're married I can't see Teri touring without Omar in the case of that band. Then again I'm sure you can go back a few pages here and there's a comment or two on Omar being sketchy or flaky.

John Schuller

Quote from: Bigval on December 20, 2017, 06:49:47 PM

Yeah, he certainly had a better offer with ATD. But I doubt Buzz would care what the reason was more than he would care that it fucked with his plans. I would love to see more Crystal Fairy - I loved loved loved that album.

GrimReaper

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez's body of work, on Ipecac, made me realize this guy probably did the Crystal Fairy album because his wife talked him into it. We'll never know the inter-workings of the band's relationships. We do have a great album to enjoy.

At this point, I'd like to see Crytal Fairy to be classified as a Melvins release, with it's proper place in themelvins.net discography.  O:)

))))((((

Quote from: GrimReaper on December 21, 2017, 12:07:59 AM
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez's body of work, on Ipecac, made me realize this guy probably did the Crystal Fairy album because his wife talked him into it.
I don't think that is quite the case but i certainly think there is an element of this being just another project to work on for Omar. The guy is super prolific and probably just completes one thing so he can get to the next.

Quote from: GrimReaper on December 21, 2017, 12:07:59 AM
At this point, I'd like to see Crystal Fairy to be classified as a Melvins release, with it's proper place in themelvins.net discography.
I used to think this way too. I wanted it to be considered "Melvins" but taking another listen recently, it really is it's own thing. It's probably better that way too.