(A) Senile Animal

Started by blag jesus himself, August 29, 2006, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mckickflip

I put Blood Witch into Audacity and lower the tempo by 10%.

edit: It's a really good album. I haven't listened to it in a long time, but I listened to it a few more times and it's wicked good. It's still an amazing Melvins album, although I don't think I can compare it to the old albums. They're so different (but then again, do you really want Melvins to keep releasing the same albums over and over again?)

(the) Razor

I like it, 10% slower sounds quite good.
Don't click this

anaconda

almost makes you wonder if they pitched it up during mastering.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: GrimReaper on March 19, 2008, 07:02:58 AM

Why is (A)SA dropping in popularity?

Put it away for a while and bring it out later.
Because the grass is always greener.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

glen

Quote from: anaconda on March 23, 2008, 12:59:18 PM
i agree, don't treat it like every other throwaway release by every other nowhere band that's been around for 20 seconds.

never.  I just listened to it yesterday.   like with most MELVINS releases.. it takes a level of realization to appreciate.   you have to appreciate the approach of the album.  never go in with expectations with any MELVINS album.   just listen to it and try to understand the mentality of the recording.           only then will you truely see the light.

confuscious say.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

bUTTHOLEmAN

What's hyrdrahead thinking, releasing a vinyl album so late?  :x

Wait..they're thinking $$$
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

YearZero

Who's singing in "A History of Drunks"? I first thought it was Buzz, it's just been mixed a bit, but I'm not sure anymore.

norecess

Buzz and Jared. Maybe Dale too. And who knows what Coady was doing during the recordings.

Uncle Fester

coady was making fun of the way i dance.

turnacus

History of drunks - you've never been right is like a suite of rocking.
Van Hagar

glen

return to (A)SA now.  you'll appreciate it more.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

kraftwerkd

Quote from: mckickflip on March 23, 2008, 07:04:03 PM
I put Blood Witch into Audacity and lower the tempo by 10%.

edit: It's a really good album. I haven't listened to it in a long time, but I listened to it a few more times and it's wicked good. It's still an amazing Melvins album, although I don't think I can compare it to the old albums. They're so different (but then again, do you really want Melvins to keep releasing the same albums over and over again?)

wow. Blood Witch slowed down is incredible. the whole group vocal thing comes out way stronger.

i'm slowing the whole album 10%.

Randall Mario Poffo

some people said that the bassline in A History Of Bad Man sounded like the one in Night Goat. They're pretty alike indeed. I dunno if someone already posted this, but the AHOBM bassline and the one in The Man With The Laughing Hand Is Dead are exactly the same, the AHOBM bassline is just a bit faster and distorted. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitchin around about it. I don't think it's a bad thing cuz AHOBM and TMWTLHID are totally different songs.

8)
I saw Dale Crover (again) and his name is God.

punkguysc

I love this record. I think it's their best since Stoner Witch. Though I have not heard The Bride Screamed Murder yet. Getting my blue boxed set soon. Gonna slow down Blood Witch by 10% in Audacity tonight. Thanks for the tip.

This board rocks.