Author Topic: Worst Melvins song  (Read 17884 times)

))))((((

Re: Worst Melvins song
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2018, 02:29:48 AM »
Choco Plumbing
Surely you jest? I've put that song on that Melvins era post 2012 compilation CD I've made up for my brother.
Nope. Im not a fan of that one. Oddly i seem to be the only person who has ever said they don't like it too.

What's the worst Melvins song pre 2010?
I think you'll find that's 'Soup' off Stag.

Offline Fureon Nectarmoon

• knows moss
  • RAIN-BOOOOOOW!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2018, 04:06:52 AM »
Come on, Choco Plumbing? No comprende :?
And what's with all the hate towards Embrace The Rub :shock:

Offline Oscar

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2018, 05:20:17 AM »
I thought Choco Plumbing was one of the better tracks in recent years, really fun and pretty unique in its mood.

And what's with all the hate towards Embrace The Rub :shock:

It's truly terrible to me, I hate everything about it. They lost me at "yeah, dumbass".

))))((((

« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2018, 05:23:49 AM »
It's far from terrible, it's just one i don't really like for some reason. Not sure why. This feeling seems to be amplified for me being that it comes off the back of 'The Decay Of Lying' which is a truly fine Melvins song.

Offline Bigval

• godfather of grunge
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2018, 07:23:49 AM »
Indeed it is and so is Choco Plumbing. It puts a smile on my face as soon as Jared's vocals come in all excited and over the top.

Offline (the) Razor

• Handler
  • Told you girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2018, 07:30:03 AM »
Choco plumbing sounds great. That's the kind of rock Melvins do best. The other attempts are not so memorable like.... embrace the rub.
Don't click this

Offline amazonAMAZON

• melvins is gay
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2018, 03:51:53 PM »
"Embrace the Rub" and "Break Bread' are the least favorite songs from the new record but far from being my least favorite Melvins tracks.

Pre-2010 least favorite Melvins album track (assuming we're talking about a composed song, not an improvisation or noise piece) is probably "It Tastes Better Than The Truth." That thing just goes on forever for no reason and I don't really get why it had to be on that EP, too.

"Choco Plumbing" rules.
"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Offline bUTTHOLEmAN

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
  • Hang Ten Brah
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2018, 04:06:00 PM »
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Offline Oscar

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2018, 05:33:11 AM »
Dad humor.

Felt more like an in-joke from the tour van that's only funny to the travel party.

))))((((

« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2018, 05:38:40 AM »
Whenever a new Melvins album comes out (and i usually find fault with it in some way) i think back to when i first heard Nude With Boots. When that came out i thought it was not very good. I didn't listen to it much. Then later i absolutely loved it! Bride took even longer for me! So i think Melvins albums do take a while to come to terms with. Or maybe more accurately "accept". I think im at this stage with Pinkus Abortion Technician now. I know the bits i don't care for, i know what i like and i accept it as the next Melvins statement of intent. Right, now what's next!

Offline meezer

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Looking for vocalists
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2018, 06:31:05 AM »
Whenever a new Melvins album comes out (and i usually find fault with it in some way) i think back to when i first heard Nude With Boots. When that came out i thought it was not very good. I didn't listen to it much. Then later i absolutely loved it! Bride took even longer for me! So i think Melvins albums do take a while to come to terms with. Or maybe more accurately "accept". I think im at this stage with Pinkus Abortion Technician now. I know the bits i don't care for, i know what i like and i accept it as the next Melvins statement of intent. Right, now what's next!
So what's the hard part about getting into Nude With Boots? That it doesn't sound exactly like a 25 year old Electric Wizard album?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2018, 07:29:57 AM »
Here we go again. Embrace the dud.

Offline herb wilkinson

• former bassist
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2018, 07:47:04 PM »
embrace the dad rock

Offline aeustin

• knows moss
  • Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2018, 08:33:31 PM »
So what's the hard part about getting into Nude With Boots? That it doesn't sound exactly like a 25 year old Electric Wizard album?
LMAO
Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie