Best Melvins bassist

Started by The Stranger, February 16, 2004, 11:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuckMach3

Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Pelican

Kevin is my favorite Melvins bassist.

But Trevor might be the best. I remember seeing them on one of the anniversary tours (20 or 25th?) when they did 3 sets, one was 1983 lineup, one was just Buzz and Dale, and the third Trevor came out with Buzz and Dale on electric bass. The first two sets were awesome and it was especially cool to see just Buzz and Dale work thru their catalog as just the two of them. But then... Trevor came out and they played Hag Me. Trevor pointed his bass into the ground like he was playing to Lucifer. I was in the balcony of Webster Hall and my eyeballs were rattling in my head. It was sooo heavy.

Jared has also blown me away many times. That first tour when the BB set continues seamlessly into the Melvins set, I believe they were playing "Another 4th of July... Ruined" was totally bananas. Plus, Jared has a great voice that works so well with Buzz's.

Mark is probably the best songwriter.

HAT 20th Anniversary tour with Kevin, ftw.

Bigval

Quote from: Pelican on August 26, 2020, 04:10:45 PM
Kevin is my favorite Melvins bassist.

HAT 20th Anniversary tour with Kevin, ftw.

Oh yes.