Author Topic: "Waiting for Beck ..."  (Read 3970 times)

Offline stonerwitch

• knows moss
  • I'm the worm in the apple of my mothers eye.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rathergood.com/hedgehogs/
"Waiting for Beck ..."
« on: June 17, 2007, 02:14:09 PM »
 8-[Are they still waiting?Buzz said he wanted it to happen. ...I wouldnt mind seeing this collab.I think it would be a good mix.Be the best thing Beck ever did for his career.
You sink a my swan

Offline mopafeena

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
Re: "Waiting for Beck ..."
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 09:51:31 PM »
I don't think it will ever happen. But, of course, i could be wrong.

Offline Branch Breaker

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 10:27:47 PM »
Considering that Beck was sing a song by the band that shall not be named on the Crybaby album I doubt the Melvins are waiting by the phone.
Rectum? Damn near killed 'im!

Offline Idlehanz

• Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • The Colossus Of Destiny: A Melvins Tale
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 10:29:17 PM »
It would be interesting.  And that's all I have to say about that.

Offline mopafeena

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 10:46:04 PM »
Yeah, it could be interesting.

Schnabster

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 02:04:59 AM »
Pinch my arm and tell me that this isn`t true, that Buzz seems to fancy Becks music. He is the most over-rated artist ever, an artist so utterly boring that they should place beds in front of stage. As I said, pinch my arm!  :shock:

Offline FartLips

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Lollars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 03:19:17 AM »
Pinch my arm and tell me that this isn`t true, that Buzz seems to fancy Becks music. He is the most over-rated artist ever, an artist so utterly boring that they should place beds in front of stage. As I said, pinch my arm!  :shock:
would that make you the beck of topic makers? :D
mount ambulance  "... tho it's hard to compete when my eyes keep getting distracted by Grim's juicy ass!"

Schnabster

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 05:16:04 AM »

:( [-X :-k ](*,)

Seek and, seek and destroy! I`m on to you, Farty, coming to the States with a butt-plug with your name on it!  :x

norecess

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 05:40:47 AM »
Don't let such a low comment by Farty stop you from your never ending charade, Schnabby.

Schnabster

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 05:53:00 AM »
Don't let such a low comment by Farty stop you from your never ending charade, Schnabby.

I shall fight him on the beaches, I shall fight him on the landing grounds, I shall fight him in the fields and in the streets, I shall fight him in the hills; I shall never surrender!!!

norecess

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 05:55:37 AM »
Good to see you're still keeping up your wonderful *uch* *Beck* *uch* reputation, Schnabby!

Schnabster

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 06:08:29 AM »
Good to see you're still keeping up your wonderful *uch* *Beck* *uch* reputation, Schnabby!

Beck is awful. It all began with the ultra-annoying Looser-song that went on my nerve. He was hyped up to degrees I just don`t understand. I even saw a live-performance once, on tv, and that seemed so extraordinary boring. Talk-singing is not my alley at all, but there exists one, and only one exception, and that`s Arab Strap.

Beck is the kind of band one of my mates theoretical brothers like, because he has read in the right magazines that Beck is a genious. To me he will always be ingeniously boring.

But never mind me, I shall not spoil this thread, I just have the tendency to react spontanious when I see artists or bands I dislike being saluted this way.

Mad Arab

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »
For a mainstream musician, Beck is decent. There is more to his material than Mellow Gold. I like a lot of his stuff. A Melvins/Beck collab.? I don't know...they could make it work I have no doubt about that, but as to what it would be like, I haven't the foggiest.

Offline FartLips

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Lollars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 06:35:50 PM »

:( [-X :-k ](*,)

Seek and, seek and destroy! I`m on to you, Farty, coming to the States with a butt-plug with your name on it!  :x
um, you can keep your extra-curiccular activities to yerself. don't forget, we americans are armed to the teeth unlike you europeons and your slingshots.
mount ambulance  "... tho it's hard to compete when my eyes keep getting distracted by Grim's juicy ass!"

Offline (PAUL)

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • YEAH
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 08:28:20 PM »
Well, he did sample feedback from Hog Leg in one of his songs. I see this about as likely to happen as that album with Mike Kunka.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.