A wee question...(about Kevin Rutmanis, if you can't be bothered to click)

Started by Reverend Ebeneezer, June 23, 2007, 11:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend Ebeneezer

Hello...! And an even bigger hello to anyone who remembers me. Not being favouritist, but you know what it's like when you're at a party and faced with a group; some you know, and some you don't...

Anyhow, curiosity got the better of me the other day and I wondered, since I've been out of the loop for an age now, whether any concrete explanation had been offered for Kevin's dismissal from the Melvins? Also, is he still playing with that Alaska! band?

And, also, any Thrones news I should know about? Last I knew, Joe'd just released Day Late and I was seeing Thrones support Isis - about a year ago...

Any speculative Melvins info? Saw them about a month back and they didn't seem to have progressed from the Senile Animal stuff yet...

Thanks if anyone's got any info. And how the devil are you all??
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

norecess

Hey there, I'm doing fine, thanks for asking.

Kevin is on MySpace now, see http://myspace.com/144013832. He makes music under the name Hepatitis (http://www.myspace.com/rutmanis) with David B. Livingstone and others too. He's not longer playing with Alaska, according to his MySpace he was booted from that band as well, but who knows.

As for Thrones, Joe still rocks.

Melvins will be playing an Eggnog/Lysol show, according to one of the BB guys - not sure who - they can't make it for the SF show, and Trevor Dunn will fill in bass duties for that show. I believe there are specualtions the Big Biz guys will be joining them for shows later this summer (?), but no concrete info on that yet.

jaymz

Yeah big biz are touring with Tool this summer so The Melvins are using Trevor Dunn to play a houdini show in San Fransisco and the next night a lysol and eggnog one and then there doing another lysol and eggnog one few days later in LA.
Then when big biz get back from Tool there going on tour again around the us with them. That tour might have something to do with purge of dissedents, i also heard some where that a new album is out in july.

norecess

Quote from: jaymz on June 23, 2007, 12:31:52 PM
i also heard some where that a new album is out in july.

I believe they'll be recording in July.

jaymz

jaymz

I'm wondering if the LA show will be like the Houdini one which they ended up recording, if they will do that to lysol and eggnog?

supernaut

Quote from: jaymz on June 23, 2007, 12:31:52 PM
...The Melvins are using Trevor Dunn to play a houdini show in San Fransisco and the next night a lysol and eggnog one and then there doing another lysol and eggnog one few days later in LA.

when/where is this gig?

jaymz

July 20:
Melvins play Houdini
San Francisco: Slims
July 21:
Melvins play Lysol & Eggnog
San Francisco: Slims
July 27:
Los Angeles: Troubadour

norecess

I hadn't even noticed before it was listed as Lysol & Eggnog. Somehow I thought it was Eggnog & Lysol. Sure, its the same two albums, but I was already thinking I'd much more prefer them to start with Lysol. You either open or end with Charmic.. you know what song.

jaymz

Or do a special night where they do an extended version of it and thats all they play for the whole gig.

5w33t 1ntu1t10n

Quote from: jaymz on June 23, 2007, 01:22:50 PM
July 27:
Los Angeles: Troubadour

I still can't find any solid info about this show.  I checked the Troubadour website, and they didn't show anything happening (yet) for 7/27.
*Grow Thy Beard )))((( it shall be the wild forrests of thine Kingdom and unto all shall bring great peace and prosperity throughout the land as was told the prophecy*

jaymz

Well it is on Ipecac in the tour section has been for about a week and has been on the Trevor Dunn's site for about a month.

moose

Quote from: norecess on June 23, 2007, 01:31:07 PM
I hadn't even noticed before it was listed as Lysol & Eggnog. Somehow I thought it was Eggnog & Lysol. Sure, its the same two albums, but I was already thinking I'd much more prefer them to start with Lysol. You either open or end with Charmic.. you know what song.
Well it's not like they played the songs from Houdini in order. They might just mix both albums together...who knows?
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

GrimReaper

5w33t 1ntu1t10n

Quote from: jaymz on June 23, 2007, 01:41:05 PM
Well it is on Ipecac in the tour section has been for about a week and has been on the Trevor Dunn's site for about a month.

Thanks, Jaymz, but it's not posted on the Troubadour website, nor is it up at Ticketmaster yet.    I wont be able to go to SF, but I can definitely make it to LA.   It's driving me crazy that I can't get tickets for this show yet!
*Grow Thy Beard )))((( it shall be the wild forrests of thine Kingdom and unto all shall bring great peace and prosperity throughout the land as was told the prophecy*