Post Melvins tattoos here!

Started by toolvins, July 25, 2007, 09:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead mike

Ha, was that the design from that one Sublime album that you covered up?
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

Mints

This connotation doesn't bother you? I'm just curious, I'm not taking a shot at anything.

jules

Quote from: grays harbor mafia on May 03, 2012, 02:33:18 PM
Yeah, he is good. Took me 6 months to get in his chair. Here is phase 2. The old tattoo is barely visible. He put white in the  the whole tattoo. Next step is the color and detail.
The white looks fantastic too. I was gonna have mine whited but the guy said it's probably just as good without!

jules

Quote from: Mints on May 03, 2012, 06:00:29 PM
This connotation doesn't bother you? I'm just curious, I'm not taking a shot at anything.
Wasn't this originally a Roman Aquiler, used by the Roman army many years BC? I think the Italian Fascists used it, too, during the 30s.

I wouldn't have a problem wearing one myself (I have the shirt). I never really associated this eagle with the Germans in the first place. I guess if you're going to have a swastika underneath it, you might have some questions to answer from curious people (!) but otherwise........it looks great!

Metalhead Cow

I was thinking the same thing. I have the Melvins eagle t-shirt, but I stopped wearing it after some one I knew worringly questioned me about it. Even if the eagle was around before the nazis, it's probably most commonly associated with the nazi party. I stopped wearing that shirt, because it made me uncomfortable and I didn't want people to judge me or make assumptions. If I had that tattooed on me, chances are throughout day to day life, a lot of strangers would wonder if I was a neo-nazi. Personally, that would bother me, but maybe it's not a big deal for him. It does look really cool.

Mints

Quote from: jules on May 03, 2012, 06:18:01 PM
Wasn't this originally a Roman Aquiler, used by the Roman army many years BC? I think the Italian Fascists used it, too, during the 30s.

I wouldn't have a problem wearing one myself (I have the shirt). I never really associated this eagle with the Germans in the first place. I guess if you're going to have a swastika underneath it, you might have some questions to answer from curious people (!) but otherwise........it looks great!

I understand that it has been in use for centuries but I don't think many people would see it and think, "Roman Aquiler! Haven't seen that in a while!" There was one particular usage about seventy years ago that kind of stands out within a context that few people are unaware of, pretty much superceding previous symbolism in the eye of the modern person. FYI, I paid $50 for the poster with that image at the 25th Anniversary show, so I'm not judging -- I'm just curious about how others think about it.

grays harbor mafia

no it doesnt bother me. I look nothing like a skin head nazi.
"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC

grays harbor mafia

Quote from: jules on May 03, 2012, 06:10:48 PM
Quote from: grays harbor mafia on May 03, 2012, 02:33:18 PM
Yeah, he is good. Took me 6 months to get in his chair. Here is phase 2. The old tattoo is barely visible. He put white in the  the whole tattoo. Next step is the color and detail.
The white looks fantastic too. I was gonna have mine whited but the guy said it's probably just as good without!
Only reason he whited it out is because the color going over it is going to be a lighter color. If he just colored over it the color wouldnt come out uniform. 
"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC

cleveland rewind

Quote from: rhyme orange on January 11, 2011, 06:27:52 PM
if jules or anyone is going to get that ms-paint tattoo, it has to be a tramp stamp of significant size.
Quote from: anaconda on January 26, 2011, 09:33:19 PM
GG Allin would be proud.

not sure about a bullhead tho:

i want this as a tramp stamp
i may never go down in history but i will go down on your sister

anaconda

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Idlehanz

Quote from: anaconda on May 11, 2012, 04:24:05 PM
not mine, but cool as hell

I've been debating getting the same thing for years, but was never sure if the colors could be done right.  Looks like it can be.  Though I doubt it would look near as good in my cleavage.

jules

oldernie

so can we see the rest of her, want to find out if she is perfect in every sense .
"To be honest i've kind of gone off the band a bit now. I just like to hang out on here because of everyone else."
-jules from brighton quoting - Ian from Staffs.