Author Topic: Buzz + Art show LA 2020  (Read 990 times)

Offline ilduclo

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
It’s the delicious.

Offline amazonAMAZON

• melvins is gay
    • View Profile
Re: Buzz + Art show LA 2020
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 10:08:16 AM »
Very cool art event. Packed little brightly lit place. Haze and Mackie signing things and shaking hands at their stations, all three Melvs milling about and greeting fans.

Band climbed up to the tiny loft space at about 7:30 and played five songs I think. Buzz had the acoustic running through an amp. Dale had a small silver/white kit played with hot rods or bundle sticks. Steven had a white electric bass. Sound/mix was pretty good.

They played Onions, a few songs from This Machine, and then Evil New War God. Anyone else who was there might be able to correct me if I'm misremembering.

They had limited letterpress LPs of Buzz 1992 solo EP. $50. They had two sizes of Melvins/Mackie art booklets I want to say they were $35 and $50. There was an adorable silver on white limited letterpress print for $35 I think. An alternate version letterpress of the Shitkid/Melvs CD. And skate decks for $100.

Haze had a good collection of LPs as well.

Most of Mackie framed originals were $425 and Haze framed linocuts were more like $600? If I had the cash and a place to hang it that wasn't around kids or co-workers, I would have gone for the linocut used for Sexy Pee Story. Prurient, yes, but just a fascinating study in shape and design.

Mackie was a doll and autographed items including my skate deck,for which I am very grateful.
"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Offline jules

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • A bad mouth betrays a bad mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 10:12:57 AM »
 =D>
'Anything doused in any kind of curry is great.'  -  spunkmonkey

'Life is silly. The appropriate response is laughter.' - amazonAMAZON

'Systemic tardis cat'  -  Dumpster D

Offline Stonergrunge

• godfather of grunge
  • Julk-Ælk Burokk
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud page
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2020, 10:26:09 PM »
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Offline Nizamark

• Fears SNIVLEM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2020, 11:47:53 AM »
thanks for those excellent vids. seeing the melvins in that setting was a real treat. watching dale from underneath gave me a helluva angle of the master at work. i'm glad i made the trek. just wish i could've afforded some of mackie's and haze's art.