Author Topic: Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)  (Read 433468 times)

))))((((

Re: Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)
« Reply #2865 on: January 30, 2018, 04:44:45 AM »
Is this the first time he's been back on stage with the fellas?
I think so yes.

Offline BERZERKER

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • MIGHTYMELVINS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: January 30, 2018, 06:59:17 AM »
I think I've solved it, there's this thing called time, and it ages people.

except Crover

Crover looked way older a few years ago when he was way heavier. Unlike most people, he actually looks younger thinner.

He does. He seems more fit than ever before in fact.
"As with American politics, the Nordic prick doesn't understand the thing he's lecturing us about." (Dead Mike, August 06, 2019, 11:44:05 AM)

Offline Bigval

• godfather of grunge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: January 30, 2018, 08:14:15 AM »
Great to see Rutmanis back on stage with the Melvins even if only for one song. Until tonight I hadn't known this had happened and last night for some strange reason Melvins & Rutmanis popped into my head and I thought it's a bit sad going through all these different bass players in recent years and being back on good terms with him that they've never let him do a live show with them again let alone a tour and then 24 hours later find out this news  :)

Offline sadcorps

• descendant of shirley temple
  • Melvins Fan since May 16, 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: January 30, 2018, 08:26:05 AM »
Great to see Rutmanis back on stage with the Melvins even if only for one song. Until tonight I hadn't known this had happened and last night for some strange reason Melvins & Rutmanis popped into my head and I thought it's a bit sad going through all these different bass players in recent years and being back on good terms with him that they've never let him do a live show with them again let alone a tour and then 24 hours later find out this news  :)

I love that they still have a good relationship with Rutmanis and Mike Dillard. I wish wish wish wish the same were true with Joe, Lori, Matt and Mark - but you know, those days are so far in the past and everyone was younger then. I mean, I have an ex-bandmate that I will never ever talk to again (now a somewhat hip producer on the alternative and doom scenes), I really respect his work and thinks he is amazing at his craft. But as a human? Fuck that pile of shit. So with that, I can totally understand relationships souring.
"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself." - Gene Simmons

Offline lust

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: February 01, 2018, 02:13:38 PM »

I love that they still have a good relationship with Rutmanis and Mike Dillard. I wish wish wish wish the same were true with Joe, Lori, Matt and Mark - but you know, those days are so far in the past and everyone was younger then. I mean, I have an ex-bandmate that I will never ever talk to again (now a somewhat hip producer on the alternative and doom scenes), I really respect his work and thinks he is amazing at his craft. But as a human? Fuck that pile of shit. So with that, I can totally understand relationships souring.

I don't think there is bad blood with Mark. I listened to a podcast with Mark recently and he was happy to talk about them and the time he spent with them.
I'm just some punk teenager.

last.fm/user/qingyuuu

Offline sadcorps

• View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: February 01, 2018, 03:47:32 PM »

I don't think there is bad blood with Mark. I listened to a podcast with Mark recently and he was happy to talk about them and the time he spent with them.

I would love to listen. What was the podcast? I just pre-ordered his "The Silent Treatment" album on vinyl  - cannot wait! I love that album.
"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself." - Gene Simmons

Offline meezer

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Looking for vocalists
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #2871 on: February 01, 2018, 08:49:43 PM »
Mark declined to participate in the COD doc, but tags his stuff as Melvins related, so he seems to be playing both sides. I don't really care either way. Imo, he's making music that's just as good as theirs, so more for me.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Offline dirtmerchant

• Fears SNIVLEM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: February 02, 2018, 01:09:06 AM »

I would love to listen. What was the podcast? I just pre-ordered his "The Silent Treatment" album on vinyl  - cannot wait! I love that album.

Diane’s kamikaze fun Machine.

Offline Fureon Nectarmoon

• knows moss
  • RAIN-BOOOOOOW!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: February 02, 2018, 02:44:02 AM »
Unfortunately there seems to be. As happy as he can be talking about the good times, he no longer considers them friends, has some preconceptions about what they did, but it seems neither side can be bothered to talk it out and reconcile :(
Here are a couple of snippets from relatively recent interviews...

Mark Deutrom's Jazzy New Band, Bellringer, Proves That There's Life After The Melvins

Vice: You mention Third Man as a model of a label doing interesting things. Jack White has that studio where people come through and record, and he's also doing vinyl reissues for Melvins albums like Stoner Witch and Stag. Amphetamine Reptile did the same for a reissue of Prick. Do you have any involvement in this stuff, or is it pretty hands-off at this point?

Mark D: In a word, no. I have nothing to do with that. But the work stands for itself. Without getting into personal details, I still have some sadness about losing them as friends. I worked with them for twelve years on and off. It’s nice for [these albums] to come back. The longest it goes, the better its stature. The stuff we did was really cool, and it continues to influence people. I’m still amazed by people I work with as a producer who are like, wow this record blew my mind when I was twelve years old. That’s cool that it stands the test of time.

Popdose Profile: Buzz Osborne — A Walk With Melvin

“Our history is complicated,” said Deutrom, who produced Ozma and did live sound for the band in 1990 and 1991 before joining on the four-string around 1994. “I was personally never signed [to Atlantic]. It was always Buzz and Dale. I stopped asking for that because I came to the realization I was disposable after I asked for the fourth or fifth time and got shrugged off.”

“That is crazy – that’s all his shit,” Osborne retorted. “If he wants to look at it and think he’s disposable, that’s an easy way of not looking in the mirror. Disposable. Well, Kevin Rutmanis doesn’t look it at it that way …. As far as disposable goes, that’s insulting to the people we play with.”

Offline sadcorps

• View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: February 02, 2018, 08:52:28 AM »

Diane’s kamikaze fun Machine.

Thanks!

Offline PepsiMike

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: February 02, 2018, 12:46:53 PM »

“That is crazy – that’s all his shit,” Osborne retorted. “If he wants to look at it and think he’s disposable, that’s an easy way of not looking in the mirror. Disposable. Well, Kevin Rutmanis doesn’t look it at it that way …. As far as disposable goes, that’s insulting to the people we play with.”
Buzz sounds too defensive.

Offline black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: February 10, 2018, 10:17:15 AM »
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline Oscar

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: February 28, 2018, 04:11:49 AM »
For those who never heard this:

Offline PepsiMike

• knows moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: February 28, 2018, 04:53:33 PM »
DeVito needs to get the Melvins an appearance on sunny in Philadelphia.

Offline Oscar

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: March 01, 2018, 08:23:55 AM »
DeVito needs to get the Melvins an appearance on sunny in Philadelphia.

I see what you mean but no. Sunny is a self-contained organism to me, it works best with as little outside input as possible.