Author Topic: Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)  (Read 894610 times)

Offline black stallion

• Onion Ringoes
    • View Profile
Re: Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)
« Reply #3480 on: April 09, 2021, 07:05:24 AM »
Let's just say, basically a lot of great sounding albums!

fixed  :)

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline sadcorps

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
  • Melvins Fan since May 16, 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: April 10, 2021, 07:02:38 PM »
I played in a band with Billy Anderson and he recorded that same band. He is a seriously nice guy, really funny, and does really great work. And when I say those things, I would multiply each of them by 1,000.
"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself." - Gene Simmons

Offline UNOwenWasHim

• former bassist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: April 29, 2021, 11:14:42 AM »
I played in a band with Billy Anderson and he recorded that same band. He is a seriously nice guy, really funny, and does really great work. And when I say those things, I would multiply each of them by 1,000.

That's really awesome, that's great to see that Billy is a nice person IRL, some famous musicians tend to be drama queens or simply asses, and I'm relieved to learn that one of my favorite artists isn't one...

Offline sadcorps

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: April 29, 2021, 03:13:38 PM »

That's really awesome, that's great to see that Billy is a nice person IRL, some famous musicians tend to be drama queens or simply asses, and I'm relieved to learn that one of my favorite artists isn't one...

It's funny, every musician hero of mine that I have met has been a really nice person. Just from the Melvins - Buzz, Dale, Steven, Mark D, Jared, Coady - all super fucking nice people. I haven't yet met an asshole rock star / musician - I know they are out there somewhere!
"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself." - Gene Simmons

Offline black stallion

• Onion Ringoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: April 29, 2021, 03:39:44 PM »

It's funny, every musician hero of mine that I have met has been a really nice person. Just from the Melvins - Buzz, Dale, Steven, Mark D, Jared, Coady - all super fucking nice people. I haven't yet met an asshole rock star / musician - I know they are out there somewhere!

and you know Dylan Carlson too, right?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline sadcorps

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: April 29, 2021, 09:22:43 PM »

and you know Dylan Carlson too, right?

Indeed. Another super nice guy - and one of my favorite musicians ever. There is a documentary being made about him and Earth right now that should be really good.

Offline amazonAMAZON

• godfather of grunge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: April 29, 2021, 11:11:51 PM »
You can thank DJ culture for sucking the bulk of the douchebags out of rock.

Offline UNOwenWasHim

• former bassist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: April 30, 2021, 01:47:09 AM »
Wait, there's a documentary coming, too? That's great news, I was a bit bummed by the idea of spending the entire day writing a report about these Costa Blanca homes and about how 2020 went for that market, but that's a pleasant surprise, I'll be waiting for it!

Offline surfling

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: April 30, 2021, 03:46:57 AM »

Just stay away from Blixa Bargeld....
"Pop music is for sheep. And we are shepherds disguised as wolves."
(Laibach)

Offline sadcorps

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: April 30, 2021, 04:47:27 PM »

Just stay away from Blixa Bargeld....

What is that?

Offline surfling

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: May 01, 2021, 02:54:46 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4R0YO9X5tw

He also sings in a band called Einstürzende Neubauten.
(Laibach)

Offline backstard

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: May 01, 2021, 10:47:25 AM »
looks like Blixa has been drinking his lunch for a few years  :D

Offline sadcorps

• ♥'s Butt Drugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: May 01, 2021, 10:48:13 AM »
Somehow I have never actually, knowingly heard that band. Been familiar with the name and logo since I was a kid, but still have never heard anything by them. I know Henry Rollins has a tattoo of their logo. I might know how to properly say their name. I think they are "early industrial"?

Offline surfling

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: May 01, 2021, 11:32:20 AM »
They are actually quite brilliant - started off in the early 80s doing super noisy industrial stuff, then slowly honing their musical skills and style and writing great tunes as well.
Take a look here to get an idea of their current sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbblsPz8toY

They are also all really nice people - except for the singer.

You should check out their show if they make it back to the US, one of the most interesting live acts around. I think they had gigs planned for last year...
(Laibach)