Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peebot

perzo)))

yea thats the 1.they were so fucking loud that night!
thanks for posting.i miss lounge ax.
(smithereens played right before melvins,btw.)
Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Peebot

Idlehanz

Peebot

Quote from: Idlehanz on February 05, 2012, 11:11:59 AM
Goddamn!  Thanks!

My pleasure, man!  And again, I'm more than happy to burn these to dvd for anyone who wants them.  I'm making covers and everything. 

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: Peebot on February 05, 2012, 05:22:26 PM
Goddamn!  Thanks!

My pleasure, man!  And again, I'm more than happy to burn these to dvd for anyone who wants them.  I'm making covers and everything.

yeah, i definitely love to get one of the dvd's , that show is awesome!!!
I got the shits real bad.

Peebot

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 05, 2012, 05:41:50 PM
yeah, i definitely love to get one of the dvd's , that show is awesome!!!

You got it, man.  Once I've got the shows all formatted and ready to go on dvds I'll have people message me directly about getting copies.  The only fee will be to cover shipping and materials (blank dvd, jewel case, etc.).  They'll probably be ready to go out in the next couple of weeks some time.

Peebot

I'm in the process of putting the last of these shows up now...this one: http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=April_24,_1992

1. Roman Dog Bird/Hung Bunny - Melvins - Kennel Club, San Francisco, CA - 4.24.92

2 Second Coming/The Ballad of Dwight Fry - Melvins - Kennel Club, San Francisco, CA - 4.24.92

3. Oven/Wispy/Oven - Melvins - Kennel Club, San Francisco, CA - 4.24.92

4. At a Crawl - Melvins - Kennel Club, San Francisco, CA - 4.24.92

Sound is great on this one for most of it...a buzz creeps in toward the end, but otherwise it's great.  Unfortunately the club lit the show pretty dark, so the video suffers accordingly.  But it gets lighter and brighter as the show goes on, showing off some great visuals behind Dale, and this is another punishing performance.  The Joe-version of the band had really coalesced by this point and were a lethal killing machine live.  More to come!

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

norecess

yeah, that is an awesome show! i already said so back when and still stand by it :)

that show also features a great cover of "black flag - i've got to run".

the version they bring of "excorcism" is one of my favorite melvins live moments (from what i've seen over the years...).. dale having mic problems, mumbling his "coat-hanger" poetry, then tearing it up bringing down nothing but pure heaviness.. buzz hypnotising everyone with his one-note solo that seems to go on forever... then when dale finally starts that beat that announces the outro and absolute climax of this power trip, with joe mimicking buzz seamlessly.... genius.

the show ends great with buzz carrying his guitar over his shoulder like a rival, doing "heater moves and eyes" with just vocals, and dale and joe doing their thing.

Peebot

Quote from: norecess on February 06, 2012, 01:27:47 PM
yeah, that is an awesome show! i already said so back when and still stand by it :)
Sorry, didn't realize this had been posted already.  Are there any live links to the other post around?  The ones in the link you included are missing.  Looks like it was b/w, maybe?  I shot this video (the one I'm posting), so I'm just curious as to whether someone else posted my footage or if there was another camera there.

Just posted that one!  :)

11. I've Got to Run - Melvins - Kennel Club, San Francisco, CA - 4.24.92

norecess

Quote from: Peebot on February 06, 2012, 04:19:41 PM
Sorry, didn't realize this had been posted already. 

no no! that post was from the dvd section, the entire show has never been posted on youtube as far as i know.

i should have the dvd somewhere, will let you know about the credits.

here's the b/w one btw
http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=10880.0

Quote from: Peebot on February 06, 2012, 04:19:41 PM
Just posted that one!  :)

awesome!

Peebot

Quote from: norecess on February 06, 2012, 04:35:27 PM

no no! that post was from the dvd section, the entire show has never been posted on youtube as far as i know.

i should have the dvd somewhere, will let you know about the credits.

here's the b/w one btw
http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=10880.0

oh got it, ok cool.  Yeah, the b/w one looks like it's from the Kennel Club video feed.  I think they taped pretty much every show that happened back then.

MrJunkie

Tool 1998-08-30 Stranglehold

Tool and Buzz performing Stranglehold circa '98. I like new Tool, but man were they the tits back then...
"joe s preston esquire"