Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonergrunge and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: MrJunkie on February 21, 2012, 08:05:57 PM
Tool 1998-08-30 Stranglehold

Tool and Buzz performing Stranglehold circa '98. I like new Tool, but man were they the tits back then...

AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting this!!!
I got the shits real bad.

ManWithNoName

Quote from: MrJunkie on February 21, 2012, 08:05:57 PM
I like new Tool, but man were they the tits back then...
You mean when Maynard could still hit at least half the notes?

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 22, 2012, 04:05:09 PM

How's your singing voice? 

(the) Razor

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on February 22, 2012, 07:20:03 PM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 22, 2012, 04:05:09 PM

How's your singing voice?

I'm sure in *his* profession he can at least perform more than half the tasks he is required to do.
Don't click this

Rusty Shackleford

His profession probably isn't singing. 

Fans should not think that artists are required to perform tasks. 

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

MrLuck87

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on February 23, 2012, 11:30:32 AM

Fans should not think that artists are required to perform tasks.

Look you know, I'm all for bands doing what they want and I didn't even complain that the setlist was nearly identical to their last tour, but when I pay $70 and the lead singer can't hit half the notes and can't even pretend like he enjoys being there I feel like I've been ripped off.

So many bands don't make as much money in their entire lifetime as MJK makes at one show.  He could try just a little harder.

moose

Yeah I agree Maynard was the weakest part of the show-but fuck im! The music and stage show make up for it.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

Uncle Fester

I have this impression of him that he walks off the stage angry for every gig. Isnt that his schtick?

acid policy

i saw tool in boston this year and maynard's voice sounded the best i've ever heard it. i wonder if his varying voice quality is caused by the pressure sometimes exuded by tool fans. a singer's voice is effected by his or her mood/feelings, no?

(((O)))

Quote from: acid policy on February 24, 2012, 07:31:46 AM
i wonder if his varying voice quality is caused by the pressure sometimes exuded by tool fans.
No it's just the dodgy wine from his vineyard.  :wink:

ManWithNoName

I'm pretty sure Maynard doesn't give a fuck what any of his or tool fans think. My post was half serious, half joking. I'm more bothered by the fact that Tool is content releasing albums every decade while touring sporadically in between albums playing the same old songs. I caught the first Tool show I could after 10,000 days was released and then passed on several Tool shows in the years that followed.

They're free to do what they want, but I'm also free to do what I want with my money. Tool has essentially taken three decades to release a three part album. Aenema, Lateralus and 10,000 days are essentially the same album.

I'll be the first in line to buy the next Tool album and will be at the next Montreal show but I certainly won't participate in them milking that shit for a decade.

(((O)))

I guess that's just Tool's way. That's what works for them. They don't work on lots of new material or anything just work on what they've got. Shellac are exactly the same. Things see the light of day eventually. In a way i respect that way of working even if i am impatient to hear more. As for the live show yes it's the same but if they haven't got new material to play what do you expect? For them to jam for two hours or play covers? Like you mentioned it's your choice to see them or not. A Tool gig once between each album seems about right with me too tho.

Rusty Shackleford

We should be happy that this stuff is here, in our lives, AT ALL.

Ingrates. 

:P :P :P