Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveMe45

Quote from: black stallion on April 30, 2018, 11:47:57 AM
am i the only excited for this song being played live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CDauUZAz8k
As I mentioned in the tour review thread, I haven't seen them do it live in almost 24 years and I've caught almost every tour that has come through since then.  It's in my top favorite songs of all time so I'll likely cry and piss myself at the same time.  I haven't actually watched the video yet.  I already went further than usual by even looking at the set list.

black stallion

Quote from: GiveMe45 on May 11, 2018, 09:53:26 PM
Quote from: black stallion on April 30, 2018, 11:47:57 AM
am i the only excited for this song being played live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CDauUZAz8k
As I mentioned in the tour review thread, I haven't seen them do it live in almost 24 years and I've caught almost every tour that has come through since then.  It's in my top favorite songs of all time so I'll likely cry and piss myself at the same time.  I haven't actually watched the video yet.  I already went further than usual by even looking at the set list.

old school fans are great!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

black stallion

AxelFoley

black stallion

Quote from: AxelFoley on May 14, 2018, 11:57:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gZCkd0yQIY
awesome, thanks for posting. i knew the reason why he wants fan on stage.. must be very difficult to play when it's fucking hot in the venue

Oscar

Why Steven can't just play the Eye Flys bassline without putting his Hollywood shit on it will never cease to baffle me.

))))((((

In that rig rundown video above i wonder why he says he will play the red guitar on that night and the blue the night after. Why could that be??? Any ideas or just to keep things looking different? I never knew that blue guitar of his was part wood either. You can't tell!! Also after Buzz mentioned his height, i wish we knew how tall he is.

Pringles

Quote from: Oscar on May 15, 2018, 04:10:17 AM
Why Steven can't just play the Eye Flys bassline without putting his Hollywood shit on it will never cease to baffle me.

I think its great and it's why I like him
Luck is a residue of design

Oscar

Quote from: Pringles on May 15, 2018, 02:25:21 PM

I think its great and it's why I like him

I like new members putting their sauce on older material, it keeps the group interesting to watch but doing the most on something like Eye Flys completely misses the point of the song to me.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Oscar on May 15, 2018, 03:36:53 PM

I like new members putting their sauce on older material, it keeps the group interesting to watch but doing the most on something like Eye Flys completely misses the point of the song to me.
Agreed. His playing, especially on eyes Flys, takes me out of the song, and I start thinking, 'WTF is going on with the bass?'
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

linoleum blownapart

I just get the rhythm in my head and watch Pinkus bring the noise. 
thrower of the bong water balloons

aeustin

pinkus is the unsung hero of the new eye flys. that crazy whirling stuff he does is awesome.
Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie

Fureon Nectarmoon

Well that's just the way he is.

Quote from: Oscar on May 15, 2018, 03:36:53 PM
True, it's quite inappropriate.
That ominous bass line steadily creeping through all the weirdness and occasional spasms of other instruments is what holds the song together.
Heck, that bass line is half (or more) of what makes this song.
Steven unfortuntately is too much of a showoff to just play it straight.

Quote from: aeustin on May 15, 2018, 07:47:59 PM
pinkus is the unsung hero of the new eye flys. that crazy whirling stuff he does is awesome.
Impossible to disagree.
Though with what Steven does, maybe Pinkus should have carried the main part, and leave the weird effects to Steven.

Pringles

Luck is a residue of design