Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazonAMAZON and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jonE5

moose

Ain't too too many gigs from 2004 out there is there?
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

Rusty Shackleford

There's a good recording from Lawrence, Kansas from 2004.  I got it on DVD from Beto a long time ago.  That was the tour DSS played bass guitar in Kevin's spot.  I saw them twice on that run and they were playing slow and brutally.  The best version of The Fool The Meddling
Idiot, and POTRE.  I remember Buzz seemed mad on stage and the music showed it, a recurring theme when there's been a bad shakeup in the band.  Maybe I'm remembering wrong though.

So yeah, I know there's at least one show out there. 

Edit - Kevin was still there.  I had to find that DVD and give it a look.  Still a good period as a fan, that last bit, even if it sucked for them personally. 

moose

Oh cool! Do you have the means to post it on YouTube?
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

black stallion

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on November 23, 2018, 07:56:39 AM
I remember Buzz seemed mad on stage and the music showed it, a recurring theme when there's been a bad shakeup in the band.  Maybe I'm remembering wrong though.

i can see what you mean there, i remember seeing something from that era and had the same feeling. must have been very disappointing for such a professional/hard working guy like Buzz having to deal with extra problems

Little Alex

I was having beers with a friend at the bar that afternoon. It was during that weird magic hour at The Bottleneck when the bar kind of unofficially closes so the band can do sound check. Of course, we were loitering in a transparent attempt to observe the boys. Kevin was enjoying a beer and he wore a short sleeved priest's collared shirt. I loved that. I remember hearing Buzz say something about getting rid of my buddy and "That guy that looks like Jesus Christ." I was much hairier (and leaner) back then and it still makes me laugh.

We did some more loitering after the show. Tried to talk to Buzz. He was polite but he seemed to have something on his mind. I still wonder how tired they must be of stoned twerps and drunk dude bros bothering them after shows. I have been both and I don't bother them anymore. It's never gone the way I imagined it would :lol:

Idlehanz

GrimReaper

Dumpster D

That drummer is very very heavy...do you think he knows how good he is?  :shock:

black stallion

Quote from: Dumpster D on December 02, 2018, 12:35:22 PM
That drummer is very very heavy...do you think he knows how good he is?  :shock:

good point

z

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

AxelFoley