Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fureon Nectarmoon

God damn it, I should save online videos more often...
I have this vivid memory of Pinkus singing "They put the last clean shirt on my poor brother Bill" during soundcheck in Japan, and it sounded better than the actual song – actually felt like it had some tragic emotion to it, surprisingly.
I saved the URL, the name of the video "Melvins -Tokyo,Japan - October 22, 2015 - Rehearsal", but now I wanted to watch it agan and the video is gone. Shame. And probably nobody has it because it's too much of a trivial bit and wasn't even part of the actual show :(

https://youtu.be/izqbgXuR7dw

Oh and the fuckedest thing is now I can't even see who uploaded it, originally.

linoleum blownapart

thrower of the bong water balloons

Captain CoryCory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKDAj1WyYeQ

This one's pretty monstrous, even has a handful of tunes I'm really not familiar with at all.

Fureon Nectarmoon

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on January 31, 2019, 06:58:05 AM
This one's pretty monstrous, even has a handful of tunes I'm really not familiar with at all.
Monstrous indeed. One of the slowest and uncompromisingly heaviest shows I've heard.
The unfamiliar tunes are all Ozma and GPT songs, I made the appropriate changes on setlist.fm.
One interesting thing is that We Reach seems to have been a little unfinished at that time, it lacks vocals and the final riff.
Weird how they play several songs twice, especially since someone in the crowd kept requesting Grinding Process and Leeech.
Also it seems Your Blessened might have been the first song written for Bullhead and could have even ended up on Ozma.

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on January 29, 2019, 01:32:25 PM
His band Pure Luck covers it.  It's somewhere here:
https://www.pureluckband.com/
Thanks ^^
But funnily enough it's just not the same with the music.
Him singing that line a capella (before I even heard the song it's from) felt entirely different.
I do like me some blues but I imagined a completely different kind of song when I heard just that line sung by Pinkus the way he did it.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Dumpster D

Wow!

Did NOT know that...wow.

Les Claypool uses something similar they call the Whamola but not as such a beast of a instrument.

I always wondered about the Artwork on the Nightgoat single...it's always fascinated me.

Cool. thanks Dale...Thanks for posting Black stallion.  8)

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

))))((((

Quote from: vince furnier on March 10, 2019, 11:14:30 AM
latest set is up. thanks, flesh cop.
I never understand why people film a whole set and then upload it in separate songs on their channel. It's much more appropriate to just put up the whole thing in ONE video and time stamp the tracks if you really want to make the distinctions.

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 10, 2019, 11:20:03 AM
I never understand why people film a whole set and then upload it in separate songs on their channel. It's much more appropriate to just put up the whole thing in ONE video and time stamp the tracks if you really want to make the distinctions.
you're welcome!  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

crushr24

My reason was if you upload a video longer than 15 minutes you have to give YouTube/Goggle your phone number for some verification bullshit.  I refuse to offer up my personal info to data mining cunts like google and facebook.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money
trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
There's also a negative side."

― Hunter S. Thompson

vince furnier

Quote from: crushr24 on March 16, 2019, 07:20:05 AM

My reason was if you upload a video longer than 15 minutes you have to give YouTube/Goggle your phone number for some verification bullshit.  I refuse to offer up my personal info to data mining cunts like google and facebook.
=D>
Welcome to my Nightmare!

))))((((

Quote from: crushr24 on March 16, 2019, 07:20:05 AM

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't know that was the case behind it at all. I've long wondered why people chose to do that but now i see it's not just to gain more views or upload more videos. In light of what you mention, i'd probably do the same.

Mount Ambulance

This been posted 'round here? Buzz signing "Long Black Veil" on a Cash tribute 12incher. Never heard of this and just stumbled upon it ... cool shit ...

https://youtu.be/vygEEnjIoSs

some background info ...

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/music/2017-10-23/the-blackest-of-the-man-in-black/

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

jules

It was mentioned in the PINKUS thread, but it's nice to hear that again!