Author Topic: Mark Deutrom interview  (Read 2569 times)

Offline ))))((((

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Deutrom interview
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2020, 07:35:14 PM »
Mark D is a seriously great human and musician. His "The Blue Bird" album is still on high rotation for me.
I just listened to that one myself today actually. Yes, a fine album but then so are all his releases. Although 'The Value Of Decay' is my personal favourite of his. But back about 'The Blue Bird', The track 'They Have Won' kills me every time i listen to it. Such a gloriously elegant track. Filled with pathos and heart. A very simple song and yet very touching. I think there is some real skill on display in that song alone.

I just wish the guy wouldn't keep uploading tracks on bandcamp and then removing them all the time. I know all these little gems might be "one-offs" without connection to one another, but i think they could be great as a compilation or something. Same goes for those Bellringer songs that are on his youTube channel that never featured on the Bellringer record. It feels like a travesty to me to have all this material going unused.

Offline amazonAMAZON

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2020, 08:15:18 PM »
Agreed. I basically refuse to buy into whatever uber limited vault approach he's taking with these songs. If it's not good enough to publish for you, Mark, I just don't need it.

Luckily he's got a half dozen albums that keep on giving.

"Get up, open the curtains and smell the Melvins." -jules

Offline Bigval

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2020, 09:32:33 PM »
I just wish the guy wouldn't keep uploading tracks on bandcamp and then removing them all the time.

Any artist or label that does that I ban, never buy anything from them again and remove their back catalogue from my collection.

A grade asshole behaviour that, getting people to buy music from you and then deleting it so they can't ever download it again in future.

Offline ))))((((

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2020, 04:20:22 AM »
Any artist or label that does that I ban, never buy anything from them again and remove their back catalogue from my collection.
Well, i can see why someone might choose to do that. Perhaps they don't believe in the material entirely or for whatever reasons it's not work they deem their "true" output. So it's offered up as more of a gift to fans. A temporary insight into other stuff. Still, i just find it frustrating myself.