Melvins gig posters get their own topic

Started by Idlehanz, September 11, 2007, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5w33t 1ntu1t10n

It's an odd shaped poster, a perfect square, didn't want to get it custom framed so I improvised.   

Here's a couple more posters.  These hang over my bed.  8)

*Grow Thy Beard )))((( it shall be the wild forrests of thine Kingdom and unto all shall bring great peace and prosperity throughout the land as was told the prophecy*

Idlehanz

Quote from: Sweet Intuition on February 04, 2008, 10:50:45 PM
It's an odd shaped poster, a perfect square, didn't want to get it custom framed so I improvised.   

I like it.  It just looks different, looking like there's only two sides.....

bUTTHOLEmAN

Try posting on gigposters, asking angryblue to respond to your refund requests.  Might help.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Idlehanz

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 04, 2008, 11:31:20 PM
Try posting on gigposters, asking angryblue to respond to your refund requests.  Might help.
He responded to the pm I sent him on there.  He supposedly going to refund my $$.  I'll give him a week.  If nothing, then I'll start up a topic on it. 

spunkmonkey

QuoteWith silkscreens, just remember to use mats, or spacers, so that the print doesn't touch the glass/plastic; otherwise you might get paint transfer on the glass.

I have mine just pressed on the glass.  The room temp is pretty even at all times and there is no humidity, so there is not much to worry about.  I have heard of a few occasions where transfer has happened, but most of the people I've talked to, and things I've read say it's usualy ok to have them that way.  Most problems happen after they've been framed that way over many years.  I'll eventually do something of the sort, but I really like to be able to see the entire poster, including the edges.  Mayhaps I'll take some pics when I get home from work today.

Michael Jordan

Quote from: Idlehanz on February 04, 2008, 08:43:11 PM
Quote from: PAUL on February 04, 2008, 08:02:22 PM
I have exactly two Melvins posters, and I finally got around to bringing them in to be framed. Who knew that posters you pay $15 for end up costing over $100 to frame? Well, okay I knew it would be around that much, but still pretty pricey.

Yea, they're spendy.  I paid a lot to frame the Israel velvet poster.  It's the only one I've had professionally done.  The rest sit in cheapo frames.

One word of advice.  Don't use the really cheap frames that have the four plastic sides you slide off if you plan on hanging them.  If they fall, those things let the plastic covering take most of the force, and they will crack, most certainly ripping your poster.  I found that out from experience :(

That's a cool one hanz. I have a signed copy of this poster and really need to frame it already.
Why say no to drugs when you can say yes?

spunkmonkey

QuoteThat's a cool one hanz. I have a signed copy of this poster and really need to frame it already.

Is it the regular, or the "Melvet" version?  I need me some Melvet.

Idlehanz

Quote from: spunkmonkey on February 05, 2008, 04:54:38 PM
QuoteThat's a cool one hanz. I have a signed copy of this poster and really need to frame it already.

I have only seen the velvet once on ebay, and it was in the hundreds.  I think the velvet when it came out was $125 if I remember right.  And they only made 50 of them, so it might be hard to track down one.

Idlehanz

Quote from: Idlehanz on February 04, 2008, 11:32:52 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 04, 2008, 11:31:20 PM
He responded to the pm I sent him on there.  He supposedly going to refund my $$.  I'll give him a week.  If nothing, then I'll start up a topic on it. 
He sent my refund today and apologized for being a bastard  :lol:

bUTTHOLEmAN

Neither of the above, technically..its the regular version with the band + moss signing it.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

spunkmonkey

Quote from: Idlehanz on February 05, 2008, 05:51:09 PM

I have only seen the velvet once on ebay, and it was in the hundreds.  I think the velvet when it came out was $125 if I remember right.  And they only made 50 of them, so it might be hard to track down one.

Yeah, there have been 5 sold on the bay in the last 3 months or so.  Lowest (which was just last month and I should have bought it) went for $270.  They seem to be coming down a bit (winning bids of $525, 471, 345, and 399 before the 270 one).  I'll pull the trigger one of these days (or maybe try to get it via trade).

spunkmonkey

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 05, 2008, 06:14:51 PM

Neither of the above, technically..its the regular version with the band + moss signing it.

Thanks Capt Obvious.  :P  I'm well aware of the regular/melvet/regular signed picked up at the show difference.

Idlehanz

Quote from: spunkmonkey on February 05, 2008, 06:16:51 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on February 05, 2008, 05:51:09 PM

Yeah, there have been 5 sold on the bay in the last 3 months or so.  Lowest (which was just last month and I should have bought it) went for $270.  They seem to be coming down a bit (winning bids of $525, 471, 345, and 399 before the 270 one).  I'll pull the trigger one of these days (or maybe try to get it via trade).
Damn.  Damn Damn Damn.  Makes me wish I had bought two.  I don't think I could bring myself to spend that much for just the poster.  Unless I was a multi-millionaire.

Michael Jordan

Quote from: spunkmonkey on February 05, 2008, 06:18:14 PM

Thanks Capt Obvious.  :P  I'm well aware of the regular/melvet/regular signed picked up at the show difference.

Mine is just a regular signed one...  a really sweet poster though.
Why say no to drugs when you can say yes?

spunkmonkey

Quote from: Michael Jordan on February 06, 2008, 02:23:47 AM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on February 05, 2008, 06:18:14 PM

Mine is just a regular signed one...  a really sweet poster though.

Absolutely.  It's one of the favorites in my "collection".